Lincare Holdings

www.lincare.com
  www.lincare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lincare Holdings

HORIBLE company to work for they do not suport their employes

Former Employee - Center Manager in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Center Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very litle oversite, you will realy never see your manager if your numbers are good. All lincare cares about is your growing.

Cons

Outdated tech... still using 1980's softwear.. as a manager you will never know in real time where your center is at. You will send your paper work up to RBCO and it will not show on your reports for several weeks. If you are given a project to complete you will be yelled at do to this lag in the paper work process. They will want to know why it is not done yet and blame it all on you even though you completed it over a week ago but RBCO has not processed it yet.

Go to collage and get at least a bachelors degree. You need to quite running the company threw trial and error, and learn what to do. Quite hiring from with in the only people who I have seen promoted where the ones who where to incompetent to get a job with a better company, and had no choice but to stay with you. You are literaly promoting people to upper managment who other companies won't even hire for entry level positions.

218 Other Employee Reviews for Lincare Holdings (View Most Recent)

At first the service was amazing, now a German company owns it. Need i say anymore...

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

Servicing to patiants is the most rewarding aspect of this job.

Cons

Every position above managment seems to be only looking at the numbers!

You shouldn't be greedy! This is a service to people who are in need of quality, we need to be like family.

Set Up for Failure

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They will hire you with no experience.

Good stepping stone to better options.

Training is great. QP3 is intense but you learn A LOT!

Cons

Base Pay is well below all competition.

The minimum goals are pretty much unattainable (at least at my center). I do not know any Sales Reps in the company that are hitting their 20 O2 and 15 UDs, let alone the MDINR, PAPs etc....

You are at the mercy of the CSRs. You can sell all day but if they don't process what comes in you get nothing.

Write all of your Sales Calls down during the week and then waste Friday afternoon in offc typing them into an outdated AS400 system.

Management is hit or miss.

Managers are even more likely to lose their job than the Sales Reps.

Turn over is so high that you do not know from day to day who will or will not be in your office.

Rumor also has it that all of the little centers are going to be closed and merged with the larger centers.

Take a look around at all of the competition. You are killing yourselves slowly.

Treat your employees like they deserve to be treated.

Your base pay for Sales Reps is half of everyone else. Your goals are twice that of everyone else and the commission structure is half. Even your gas stipend is ridiculously low.

You want the best employees? Pay them like they are the best employees!

Focus on the top 1st. If there is no leadership then everyone is set up for failure from the start.

I hired into an office with 1 CSR (she started 3 days before me), NO Manager (quit a week before I started), the RT was fired for compliance a few days after I started (that I understand), and 2 Service Techs. The Service guys were amazing but they were out delivering and filling patients so couldn't help too much.
    I transferred to another office to be closer to home. They had a manager when I transferred but he had turned in his notice and was gone shortly after I got there. I spent the 1st 4 months with no management and no training other than QP3. How am I supposed to learn how to do my job without a manager?
    They did finally hire a new manager for our center and he was awesome. A huge help and what do ya know the numbers went up (still not to your crazy goals though).
    Then they merged us with a sister company and his plate was so full that he didn't have time to assist us anymore. In a total of a year of employment I had a manager or area manager ride with me 4 maybe 5 times and a trainer rode with me once.

There are newer employer reviews for Lincare Holdings