All about the bottom line while miserable employees hit rock bottom

Current Employee - Customer Service
Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

IF you get into a center that has good people you can survive this place a little longer than most.

Cons

Not enough pay for what is expected. This company only cares about the bottom line. Many times Customers are left with no service or waiting for someone who never shows. Billing is much more important than customer service. If you are looking for a Customer Service this is not for you. To hear people suffer and not get the service they deserve is heartbreaking. Lincare is always changing and buying out other local DME company's, which means your job is never secure because there are frequent management and employee changes. People get fired left and right along with others who have nervous breakdowns because of the pressure. Training? Stinks, they dont have a training program together. Even smaller company's have class room style training, It took over 6 months to get in most of the training that the company requires. Watch for those little slips of paper they have you signing and if you get written up once, that means there is a target on your back. They use "creative" firing methods very well and above all trust no one in this company.

Create a TEAM environment. This is a horrific and stressful place to work but if you can offer some relief and support people in your center will work harder for YOU. There is no recognition for anything done well and no rewards. Maybe its time to implement these. Local Newsletter? Company functions? None. What makes employees feel good about working for Lincare? Fundraising for the local community or showing that you care is nonexistent.

Other Reviews for Lincare Holdings

Stayed too long

Current Employee - Billing Office
    Current Employee - Billing Office

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company to learn the business and move on.

Cons

Too many to list. It's a shame.

Upper management should visit their office's. See how things are really run. Everything is left to a managers 'discretion'. Comical.

Lincare-the worst job I've ever had

Former Employee - Medical Biller  in  Amherst, NY
    Former Employee - Medical Biller in Amherst, NY

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

free coffee and overtime work, if that is your thing.

Cons

I felt that they did not appreciate me as a valuable employee. There are too many cons to list. I have higher education, great skills and experience. I felt that everything was drained out of me. I was ready for the mental ward before I left Lincare. I felt a lot of fear while being employed there. I don't want to go into detail here for fear of being sued for being frank and honest. I am so happy with my new company. I never realized that this is how a company is supposed to treat it's human resources. A company should treat employees well if it wants to remain profitable and competitive.

You can run a car in the red for only so long before the engine blows up.

There are newer employer reviews for Lincare Holdings.

Worked for Lincare Holdings? Contribute to the Community!