Lincoln College of Technology

www.lincolncollegeoftechnology.com
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Lincoln College of Technology

They provide me a place to champion the underdog, encourage those who want to gain independence.

Current Employee - Instructor in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Instructor in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

It is a specialized niche in Higher education Opportunities to raise the level of student expectations and readiness for workforce Many ways to affect development of peers, academic and staff. Huge potential for the organization to develop into a premier respected and competitive college/career school.

Cons

Changes occur rapidly and often without adequate consultation/information. Strategy for growth is not promoted and celebrated. Tendency to micromanage. The brand name does not live up to itself...Technology is inadequate at best. Little effort to share/exploit learning of its professionals. Pay scale is lower than many competitors, especially non-profit and other Higher Ed colleges. Too many reports, often redundant, and to a degree requiring excessive oversight of student motivations and attendance.

Advice to Management

Allow greater latitude of regional executives to modify strategies to accommodate local culture, needs and interests. Engage executive/leader forums from key companies in each area who need and use our students. Let them influence decisions for future courses, skill training needs, etc. Increase opportunities for short-certificates and special interest programs like Entrepreneurship, PMI, APICS, basic accounting, and human resource management certifications.

Other Employee Reviews for Lincoln College of Technology

1. Discipline Problems

Current Employee - Instructor
    Current Employee - Instructor

Pros

Good atmosphere. Other instructors are great. Students can be eager to learn. You can make good connections in the industry.

Cons

Hours are long. The students often have an attitude. These are not the smartest men on earth. Teaching them is not easy.

Advice to Management

Tell us the truth. We know that all students ar not happy. Some students quit. Some leave. Some get kicked out. That happens anywhere. We don't have to pretend we are better than that.

2. Admissions Representative

Former Employee - Admissions Coordinator/Receptionist in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Admissions Coordinator/Receptionist in Marietta, GA

I worked at Lincoln College of Technology (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers and management; wish they would not have closed campus

Cons

none that I can think of