Lincoln Financial Group

www.lfg.com
  www.lfg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lincoln Financial Group

Not a positive experience, extreme work hours

Former Employee - Database Administrator in Greensboro, NC
Former Employee - Database Administrator in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Large company with many diverse employees

Cons

Extremely inhumane hours with no end in sight. Average 60-80 hours a week, most holidays and weekends. I approached management a number of times to try and address my concerns and was told that was the nature of the job

Work on life balance.

214 Other Employee Reviews for Lincoln Financial Group (View Most Recent)

Awesome company to work for

Former Employee - Enrollment Representative in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Enrollment Representative in Omaha, NE

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, plenty of room to move up, good bosses, fair pay, great schedules, work/life balance is nice. I loved working for this company. Besides the above, they also included a stress room one day during our busy season, with bubbles, packaging wrap to pop, free cookies, markers to draw with and other silly things to de-stress. They were also big into diversity and would celebrate Hispanic, Black, and Native American History Months, often bringing a guest in to speak or perform, and changing the lunch menu to appreciate the culture. There was a free dinner on Christmas, also.

Cons

I cannot think of any, honeestly. This was one of the few companies I've worked for that I did not dread going to in the morning. I excelled at my job and looked forward to work.

Keep putting your employees first, and you will continue to achieve success and loyalty from workers

Management - Concord NH. Needs to have Courage and closer oversight.

Current Employee - Contracting/Licensing Consultant in Concord, NH
    Current Employee - Contracting/Licensing Consultant in Concord, NH

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Generally good benefits and a friendly work environment. Great community presence which I am proud to be a part of in Concord NH.

The facility is well maintained and a nice environment

Cons

Micromanagement, no managerial courage, bias against mature workers, and not an inviting environment for open communication and constructive feed back

The management seems to be to involved in the day to day operations or totally disconnected. Some managers have had unprofessional behaviors reported over and over. There seems to be a high tolerance for the bad behavior of certain managers.

The Hartford Team relies too much on the input of the managers on site in concord. Try having a culture assessment performed by an unbiased HR person located offsite and not part of Gateway.

Have courage listen to the issues that are raised over and over about some of your middle management in Concord. You are losing good employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Lincoln Financial Group