Lincoln Financial Group

www.lfg.com
  www.lfg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lincoln Financial Group

Not bad, but not great either

Current Employee - Marketing Contractor in Radnor, PA
Current Employee - Marketing Contractor in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Have been working as a contractor for over a year. As such, the pay is very good, but no benefits. Job is okay, work hours are good (no night, weekends for my position), facilities are okay and management does try to engage employees. In my department, the manager is very good and really tries despite not getting support from upper management.

Cons

The feeling among more seasoned professionals is that if you're NOT young and attractive, you won't get hired. They definitely have a "type," at least in marketing. Seemed like they used to have a good record of hiring contractors to full-time status, but since last reorg, no movement in that direction. They have no appreciation for the hard working, highly competent contract professionals who want to be a part of the company. You can linger in limbo here for a LONG time. Also, management doesn't want to create additional positions even though some lines of business are growing and there is plenty of work to go around.

Look to your pool of current contract employees and bring them on full time. Clearly you need us, or we wouldn't be here indefinitely. We are talented, dedicated professionals who know the job and want to be part of the organization. Also, don't tell us about how you made billions in profits and then not create the needed positions so that everyone can succeed.

216 Other Employee Reviews for Lincoln Financial Group (View Most Recent)

Won't go back

Current Employee - Project Manager in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

pay was decent, in line with other financial services companies, good place to start my career, but former coworkers who are still there are telling me i should be glad that I did end up leaving.

Cons

shifted to an operational efficiency model rather than an innovative, employee-driven company

great company to work for

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great people and culture nice place to work

Cons

not enough room for advancement

more vacation time