Lincoln Financial Group

There are newer employer reviews for Lincoln Financial Group

Disorganized

Former Employee - Systems Administrator
Former Employee - Systems Administrator

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, exposure to technology

Cons

Too many people with hands in the pie

Pay attention

216 Other Employee Reviews for Lincoln Financial Group (View Most Recent)

Field office staff is treated horrid by management

Former Employee - Admin Assistant
    Former Employee - Admin Assistant

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits,
    some cool holidays off like President's day and Good Friday

Cons

Work Every Christmas eve and Black Friday
    If management tells on you to their boss or HR, you never have the chance to explain your own story. Very one sided. You feel like you have no one to turn to and talk to about the pressure you feel from your boss. HR could care less
    Constantly given more and more by management and then told you do everything wrong.
    Never given a compliment or raises.
    Management is constantly driving you to return their calls, do their work, and run their errands (including addressing their own personal Christmas cards from their family!)

Listen to the field staff and pay more to the administrative assistants doing all the work instead of constantly sending management and agents on grand trips. Give better raises and bonuses without taxing the crap out of us. The pay for a new business associate or admin asst is a joke.

Not bad, but not great either

Current Employee - Marketing Contractor in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Contractor in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Have been working as a contractor for over a year. As such, the pay is very good, but no benefits. Job is okay, work hours are good (no night, weekends for my position), facilities are okay and management does try to engage employees. In my department, the manager is very good and really tries despite not getting support from upper management.

Cons

The feeling among more seasoned professionals is that if you're NOT young and attractive, you won't get hired. They definitely have a "type," at least in marketing. Seemed like they used to have a good record of hiring contractors to full-time status, but since last reorg, no movement in that direction. They have no appreciation for the hard working, highly competent contract professionals who want to be a part of the company. You can linger in limbo here for a LONG time. Also, management doesn't want to create additional positions even though some lines of business are growing and there is plenty of work to go around.

Look to your pool of current contract employees and bring them on full time. Clearly you need us, or we wouldn't be here indefinitely. We are talented, dedicated professionals who know the job and want to be part of the organization. Also, don't tell us about how you made billions in profits and then not create the needed positions so that everyone can succeed.

There are newer employer reviews for Lincoln Financial Group