Caution - Co in transition

Pros

Reasonable compensation and some room for growth if in right area; may find supervisor willing to mentor and advance career

Cons

Ineffectual HR department allows some managers to run roughshod over good employees; recent merger not effectively implemented in many areas. Too many layoffs not well thought out.

Advice to Management

Need to do a much better job of long range planning, and decisions as to what functions are performed in which locations needs to be rethought from scratch. "Talent" management process needs major improvement.

Other Employee Reviews for Lincoln Financial Group

1. Insurance at its Best

Former Employee - Internal Audit
    Former Employee - Internal Audit

Pros

During my time at LFG, you always felt the customer was put first. The primary market was high net worth customers that wanted a holistic approach to balancing their future risks. The organization was challenging in its time of change (mergers, shedding dept, economic downturns) - but as an employee, it served to challenge your own assumptions about the insurance business. Lastly, the work-life balance is truth, not fiction. The Lincoln Foundation is woven throughout the workplace. Community service is supported during and off work hours.

Cons

A current con to working at LFG would be the commodity driven approach adopted. It is a completely different mindset to working with customers and operations.

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice to offer the leadership at LFG. Ideally, the dynamics of the current leadership will not reduce the creativeness that lead LFG to its status.

2. I love my job

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time

Pros

The environment and and benefits are phenomenal.

Cons

for me personally the drive to work