Lincoln Financial Group

Professional Development Program at Lincoln Financial

Former Employee - Professional Development Program in Radnor, PA
Former Employee - Professional Development Program in Radnor, PA

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

It all depends on who your manager is, but as far as I know most people were satisfied with goals, expectations, feedback, leeway (to work on PDP projects, travel for development sessions, pursue professional designations, etc.).

Cons

Some PDP projects seemed haphazardly put together, without even a real need for the output. PDP management was not very good about distributing information, case in point: with financial crisis in fall of 2008 PDPs were reasonably worried about there being rotations at the job fair in the spring... no definitive answers for months and then we come to find that there are 15 or so jobs for 80+ people.

Communication from PDP staff to the PDPs needs to be improved (timeliness and straightforwardness are appreciated). PDP projects should be scrapped in their current format and allow PDPs to be more creative.

214 Other Employee Reviews for Lincoln Financial Group (View Most Recent)

Great Place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

Great coworkers, projects and good culture of people. Great retirement plan!

Cons

financial services doesn't feel as stable as it once was

I believe it is only a matter of time till the company fully recovers from this financial crisis. Strong commitment to our products and our employees have paid off well during the economic downturn.

Internship

Former Employee - Intern in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Irvine, CA

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

They are very helpful to all employees. Many workshops in order to help people better themselves in their career's. Quite setting.

Cons

Compensation is poor, but other than that working there is very independence based which some can see as a bad thing.

Leadership is very prominent as many are working for themselves practically. Leadership is very important at any job and can be learned here.

There are newer employer reviews for Lincoln Financial Group