Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes

www.lindamoodbell.com

Felt Like Junior High At Times

Clinician (Former Employee)

ProsThe programs are amazing and usually work well. It's very satisfying personally and professionally watching a kid who struggles academically to gain knowledge, skills, and self-confidence in such a short amount of time as several weeks. The training is top-notch and they try to make it fun, even though the 2-week training can be tedious at times. It's great that LBLP bases their programs in research and ongoing research, like the recent MRI study with dyslexic adults and how LBLP intervention affects their brains. The 8-5 hours are great for a post-college summer job with no weekends required. If you're interested in becoming a teacher, speech therapist, or a reading specialist, the training and experience is invaluable and generally enjoyable work.

ConsSome of the senior staff, Consultants, and the other Clinicians were cliquish and you got the feeling that they were part of the LBLP "good ol' girls" club. You were either "in" or you weren't. Several of the summer Clinicians experienced this exclusive behavior, which was odd and downright laughable at times because it felt like being back in junior high. The pay isn't that great considering how expensive the programs are (parents easily fork over $100+/hour). Don't expect regular hours for steady income and they often change the schedule on you, reducing or increasing your hours the same day, without telling you...never mind if you have a family to feed or had something scheduled. Sometimes you work as few as 4 hours a week and others almost 40. The constant evaluations during sessions are, frankly, annoying and intrusive. I understand that it's a research-based program, but there's too many people looking over your shoulder.

Advice to Senior ManagementHere's some Magical Learning Moments for you: Get rid of the corny wanna-be Disney theme. It's corny. Let each clinic express their individual locations and have some leeway over their decisions. Not everything has to be "by design!" Also, consider eliminating LiPS from the training session, or consider tailoring it to each center's needs. Some centers use it more than others, from what I heard. I know LiPS was revolutionary back in the day before speech therapy took off as a profession, but most school districts catch speech problems early these days. LiPS isn't used often. In the 2 years I worked for LBLP, I overwhelmingly taught Seeing Stars and V/V with occasional Cloud Nine and Talkies. I only taught pure LiPS once and that kid was five and her speech problem wasn't even that bad.

Questionable practices with clients and poorly treated staff.

Consultant (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Working and helping different types of kids was a true pleasure. The programs for the most… Cons: Clique atmosphere. Poor management structure. Little room for advancement. Poorly defined culture. Questionable business practices both in regards to employees and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good, fun, rewarding

Clinician (Current Employee) Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes part-time for more than a year

Pros: Everyone seems eager to help the students above all. The Management… Cons: It can be exhausting. The pay is "ok." Summer trips… Advice to Senior Management: Keep it up. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes.

Worked for Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes? Contribute to the Community!