The first corporate role I held after 17 years of being an entrepreneur

I have been working at Linde Americas

Pros

Atmosphere of respect and consideration in making accommodations when family issues needed my attention. My management has a year round open door policy.

Cons

The uncertainty which every organization experienced over the past five years with restructuring, reorganizing, layoffs and downsizing. Then there was the unknown that exists when there is a merger and noone is sure if the jobs location will change.

Advice to Management

I would advice from a personal perspective, to cultivate internal talents more and allow employees the opportunity to build their existing skills within the role.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

"Get me out of here"

Current Employee - Bulk Transport Driver
    Current Employee - Bulk Transport Driver

I have been working at Linde Americas

Pros

Their checks don't bounce. It is fairly steady work, sometimes too steady even in a poor economy. They like it if you just show up.

Cons

Absolute micromanagement. Middle management that attempts to justify it's existence on useless projects. Working here is liking watching elephants fornicate. A lot of dust, a lot of noise and absolutely nothing gets done. If you drive for Linde, you don't exist and your input is not needed or wanted (i.e. the infamous "employee survey"). Linde has a fondness for the latest gadget that they think will solve all their problems, but just leads to MORE micromanagement. They don't put 10 cents into their plants or their equipment because they are too busy spending all their time traveling around telling themselves how "high performing" they are. Linde plays at the industrial gas business. When the Germans get tired of it, (just like the "old" Linde) they will pick up their ball and go back to Munich.

Advice to Management

Decide WHAT this company is....BOC, AIRCO or Linde..Come and actually MEET the people that do the work. It would be nice to actually have middle management that didn't keep it's head in the sand in fear of being noticed. This is NOT a "commune"...And STOP the constant micromanagement, it stifles innovation and good ideas and just fosters a climate of fear. LISTEN and ACT upon your employees suggestions instead of the endless committees and conference calls.

2. Growing company with a lot of technical expertise

I have been working at Linde Americas (More than a year)

Pros

Strong engineering pool to support operations. Growing and investing rapidly.

Cons

Personal development could be supported more. Crisis, firefighting mentality. Roles could me core clearly defined. Work-life balance. Micro managing style.