Linde North America

www.lindeus.com
  www.lindeus.com
There are newer employer reviews for Linde North America

One of the best jobs I ever had

Current Employee - Technology Person
Current Employee - Technology Person

I have been working at Linde North America full-time

Pros

The pay is competitive, good work/life balance, ability to work remotely, good co-workers, always something new to learn in this industry. I get my work done and no one bothers me. The benefits are excellent.

Cons

They are always looking for ways to cut back so it's hard to get new projects approved, new hardware and software, and travel & expense is a pain. IT is mostly handled from Germany and it can take forever to get a response to network or systems problems. They are behind the curve in technology, still using Windows 98 in a large portion of the organization!

Loosen up on the purse strings. You're a multi-billion dollar company and it seems that you're more interested in looking like a world class company than actually being one.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Linde North America (View Most Recent)

Not worth it.

Current Employee - Bulk Transport Driver in City of Industry, CA
    Current Employee - Bulk Transport Driver in City of Industry, CA

I have been working at Linde North America

Pros

Yes, you do get 2 days off a week. The pay is at best, average. Health care is decent. Equipment is somewhat maintained, but old.

Cons

LONG work weeks, they try to get EVERY hour they can out of a driver. Hypocrites when it comes to safety, they talk the talk, but DO NOT "walk the walk"..Safety is fine as long as you NEVER get fatigued and doesn't interfere with their sales. These people will put a tank ANYWHERE and safety be damned. Management says one thing and then does another or nothing at all. To my fellow drivers in the Midwest, East and South, it's ALL the same.

PRACTICE what you PREACH. Stop wasting our time with useless safety meetings if your intent is to do nothing to make any meaningful change. We are not stupid and see right through it. STOP "stepping over a dollar to save a dime". And cool it with the TOTAL emphasis on the DRI, it might please YOUR boss, but it is just more of the micromanagement that Linde seems to love.

Clash of company cultures

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Providence, Union, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Providence, Union, NJ

I worked at Linde North America

Pros

Great pay and benefits in an industry that for the most part is recession proof. Has cash contributions to 401k independent of employee's contributions which functions like a generous pension plan. Diverse technologies and customer base. Global operations.

Cons

The Linde / BOC merger could not have combined two more diametrically opposed business cultures if it tried. Linde was more streamlined, entreprenurial, friendly, and dynamic. BOC was more beauracratic, inefficient, rude, and apathetic - probably because most of the good talent left after the failed AP/AL acquisition. Unfortunately, the new combined company is adopting BOC's culture. If you like constant conference calls with 15 people talking over top of each other and no follow up or accountability by anyone, Linde is for you. Hopefully they can turn it around because Linde was the best place I've worked by a country mile before the merger.

Straighten out the convoluted organizational structure. Bring back some of the entreprenurial talent and processes. Consider relocating company HQ to an area with a less expensive cost of living to attract more talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Linde North America