There are newer employer reviews for Linde North America

One of the best jobs I ever had

Current Employee - Technology Person
Current Employee - Technology Person

I have been working at Linde North America full-time

Pros

The pay is competitive, good work/life balance, ability to work remotely, good co-workers, always something new to learn in this industry. I get my work done and no one bothers me. The benefits are excellent.

Cons

They are always looking for ways to cut back so it's hard to get new projects approved, new hardware and software, and travel & expense is a pain. IT is mostly handled from Germany and it can take forever to get a response to network or systems problems. They are behind the curve in technology, still using Windows 98 in a large portion of the organization!

Loosen up on the purse strings. You're a multi-billion dollar company and it seems that you're more interested in looking like a world class company than actually being one.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Linde North America (View Most Recent)

Not worth it.

Current Employee - Bulk Transport Driver  in  City of Industry, CA
    Current Employee - Bulk Transport Driver in City of Industry, CA

I have been working at Linde North America

Pros

Yes, you do get 2 days off a week. The pay is at best, average. Health care is decent. Equipment is somewhat maintained, but old.

Cons

LONG work weeks, they try to get EVERY hour they can out of a driver. Hypocrites when it comes to safety, they talk the talk, but DO NOT "walk the walk"..Safety is fine as long as you NEVER get fatigued and doesn't interfere with their sales. These people will put a tank ANYWHERE and safety be damned. Management says one thing and then does another or nothing at all. To my fellow drivers in the Midwest, East and South, it's ALL the same.

PRACTICE what you PREACH. Stop wasting our time with useless safety meetings if your intent is to do nothing to make any meaningful change. We are not stupid and see right through it. STOP "stepping over a dollar to save a dime". And cool it with the TOTAL emphasis on the DRI, it might please YOUR boss, but it is just more of the micromanagement that Linde seems to love.

No Respect

Current Employee - Bulk Driver  in  Fostoria, OH
    Current Employee - Bulk Driver in Fostoria, OH

I have been working at Linde North America

Pros

Pay and benefits
    Home on a daily basis
    Clean well maintained equipment
    Two consecutive days off per week
    Uniforms and safety equipment supplied

Cons

Long ardous hours
    No concern for employees quality of life
    Absolutely no chance for advancement in the company
    Employees suggestions and recomendations are ignored

Schedule start times to better coincide with "regular" jobs.
    Solicit and act on employees recomendations and suggestions.
    Encorage employees to seek out advancement oppurtunities.

There are newer employer reviews for Linde North America

Worked for Linde North America? Contribute to the Community!