There are newer employer reviews for Linear Corporation

Linear corporation is a good, not great, place to work.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Linear Corporation

Pros

Pay is commensurate with performance and there are no surprises.

Cons

There is little or no chance of moving up in the organization.

Pay more attention to the people on the street who sell and represent the company.

reviews filtered by
  1. Huge potential...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Linear Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Huge potential for growth is starting to be realized
    Talented engineering team, both new hires and "old-timers"
    Product portfolio just screams "internet of things" if product management can only agree to make them all connected
    Project development teams are still relatively small (typically 10 engineers or less)
    Project ownership and responsibility are recognized by upper management
    Good work life balance for many (but admittedly not all)

Cons

Many are still struggling with recent changes and effects of company growth
    Resource growth needs to track company growth. We need to keep hiring!
    Parent company Nortek does not appear to understand what it takes to grow and attract new talent for Linear
    Benefits package is not competitive with other technology companies in the area
    Need more incentives to motivate strong performers and improve performance overall
    Need to cut loose those who are counter-productive and not performing at an acceptable level

See Cons above. Need to fix these.
    Linear upper and middle management and Nortek need to be better aligned with Mike O'Neal's vision for the company.
    When promoting changes in the town hall meetings, know your audience. Most employees want to know how company growth and changes will improve their jobs and lot in life, not corporate financials and revenue.

2. Opportunities, but lacking focus

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Linear Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are lots of good people to work with and some great opportunities looking ahead. A lot of talk about changing culture and making infrastructure improvements which are needed. I would cautiously recommend them as an employer.

Cons

Technology falls short on a lot of products. Information is not shared well and departments do not work across functions very well. Focus changes every 6 months so hard to get momentum and realize the fruits of everyone's hard work. Compensation structures also changed yearly and often we were 3-4 months into the year before we knew how we'd get paid.

Pick a course and stick with it long enough for everyone to get on board and make things happen. Continue to communicate and try to increase transparency.

There are newer employer reviews for Linear Corporation