There are newer employer reviews for Linear Corporation

A Wonderful Experience

Current Employee - Sales/Marketing Intern in Carlsbad, CA
Current Employee - Sales/Marketing Intern in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Linear Corporation as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As an intern, I haven gotten a true working experience. I have been working with and seeing many different departments within this company. From what I could tell, this company is currently changing, for the better. It was definitely a great chance for me to watch a company go through these changes while being on the inside.

Cons

The sales/marketing internship is fairly new. So there isn't an established system in place for all interns. Some people may not like this, however, I saw it as a huge plus. They allowed me to choose what departments I wanted to see and which people I wanted to work with. So I had the ability to tailor the experience to my preferences.

I think the company is curently on th way up and these has everything to do with the management. The new management came into this company around two years ago and the entire attitude changed. So I would say stay the course. It looks like it is working.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Linear Corporation (View Most Recent)

I see a Prosperous Future for this Company

Current Employee - Marketing Vice President in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Vice President in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Linear Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I started working at Linear in March 2000, when Linear acquired my previous employer. The management team changed in the past few years and brought a new attitude with it. The environment has become very fast paced and the spirit of the company is now much more entrepreneurial. We are always looking for the next opportunity now. So we have brought on a ton of new exciting products for our customers to choose from.

Plus it never hurts to have a parent company worth 2 billion dollars in Nortek. This really allows our employees to have a ton of career opportunities within the Nortek network alone.

Cons

Not a lot to say here. Of course, as with any company, there are problems and issues that make one’s job difficult. But I honestly see problems being solved and issues being addressed. Transparency has been a big deal here, and it shows.

As I stated before, this management team has been fantastic. The turnaround here is very noticeable not only by us, the employees, but also our customers too. I would tell the management to keep the focus and don’t get distracted. We are doing great things now and I don’t see it stopping anytime soon.

Excellent company to work for, high energy and focused on the future.

Current Employee - Director of Sales
    Current Employee - Director of Sales

I have been working at Linear Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Companies, both Linear and Nortek, are in the middle of a real metamorphosis. Evolving from a very defensive business strategy to one of innovation and growth. Employees are encouraged and empowered to make decisions and contribute to the growth of the company.

Cons

Change is hard, and rarely accomplished fast enough. We are in a high growth period and are experiencing the normal issues such finding the best people and keeping those slow to embrace the change involved and on the right track.

Keep on course. Transforming a culture isn't easy, and our challenges are many, but the payoff is huge and we'll all benefit from the investment.

There are newer employer reviews for Linear Corporation