Linear Corporation

It's getting thereI

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Linear Corporation full-time

Pros

Small company environment - your contributions are noticed and make an impact! Development teams are small and interaction is informal. Projects are short term in nature leading to more frequent diverse assignments. Company is working at getting modern corporate tools - slowly getting rid of paper "systems".

Cons

There are some long-timers that are struggling with the change driven by bringing in the above mentioned new tools.

Be visible; walk around the office! Only once before in my career has the company president been so reachable and approachable. Mike O'Neal is outstanding.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Linear Corporation (View Most Recent)

Not recommended

Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Linear Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people who have been there awhile are very talented and fun to work with they know their stuff and can teach you a lot

Cons

Very political. If you like politics, can play them "well", and are aggressive with your career goals, you will do well, especially if you are good with bs. If you are one of the worker bees and work hard, your success all depends on whether your manager is a politician or really cares about the product and their employees - there's a very successful scapegoat process that bodes well for these politicians but bodes bad for anyone that gets in their way.

Start getting involved with and really understanding what is going on below you. Understand the reasons for failure rather than taking the word of your politicians

I Love my Job!

Current Employee - Manager in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Linear Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Linear is growing at an amazing rate! It is both exciting and a little scary. As we transition to a bigger leaner company if is a great feeling to be part of great company.

Cons

I can not think of anything negative to say at all regarding work environment or the senior management team.

Keep doing a great job. We are all behind you!

There are newer employer reviews for Linear Corporation