There are newer employer reviews for Linear Technology

Little incentive for growth or advancement

I have been working at Linear Technology full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Profit sharing in the range of 20-30% twice per year. 6-8 week long sabbatical every five years.

Cons

No incentive for growth. There are very few management positions available, especially for women. It's basically a boy's club. The hiring structure is focused on bringing in design engineers (99.9% male). Everyone else is looked upon as catering to the design community, and as such, not valued. The structure of the company is scattered. There is no centralized IT. Each department fends for itself.

This company has millions it could invest in its employees, yet it sits on the cash, year after year. When we ask for anything extra, like a gym, basketball courts or even a couch in the women's restroom, the answer is always 'no', in spite of the wealth of cash on hand this company has. This year, in spite of how well we're doing, our annual salary increases were decreased to 4% maximum (down from 5%). Sabbaticals every five years and the 20-30% profit sharing bonuses we receive twice yearly are not enough to address the growing morale problem that exists company wide. Management needs to loosen the purse strings, provide some incentive for advancement (especially for non-design, non-male employees) and realize that the 'supporting' departments are just as vital to the company's well-being as the design department is.

44 Other Employee Reviews for Linear Technology (View Most Recent)

LTC

I have been working at Linear Technology

Pros

Great place to work for designers

Cons

Difficult porducts to work on

They are doing a great job

Pretty good

I have been working at Linear Technology

Pros

Very intelligent driven coworkers
    Free flowing circuit idea sharing
    Sabbaticals
    Work life balance
    Very little red tape & bureaucracy compared to similar companies

Cons

very few opportunities for advancement (which does NOT mean your compensation stays stagnant too)
    management swears a lot
    need to develop superior products with inferior equipment and technology

swear less and update technology in lab. there's quite a bit of design inefficiency from not having the right equipment.

There are newer employer reviews for Linear Technology