Linear Technology
www.linear.com Milpitas, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

LTC

Design Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Linear Technology

ProsExceptional talent. Good networking. A lot of collaboration by way of walking around and chatting about circuits, techniques etc. Not a lot of micromanaging. Fairly efficiently run company. Excellent compensation, especially in the form of bonuses.

ConsSometimes frugality made the job challenging. Linear used to have a lack of desire in wanting to spend the extra buck on software packages or equipment. They have improved on this over the years. This frugality also led to innovation (a pro) where engineers had to be clever to circumvent whatever shortcomings they had.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn general, the management is well run. It was nice that most of the management team was once on the engineering side.

Great place for analog circuits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Linear Technology

Pros: If you want to work with some of the smartest people in the field of analog circuits, this is the place. There are top… Cons: The benefits package is a bit lacking (no vision insurance). Stingy corporate culture; the… Advice to Senior Management: Be less stingy with money for lab equipment and offer… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Stagnant Stock price and people see it for the sweat shop it is.

Test Manager (Current Employee)
Milpitas, CA

I have been working at Linear Technology

Pros: Get to work with some smart people. Cons: Annual reviews focus more on negatives than positive. Max 5% raises, even during good times. Meager stock awards. A "Cover your ass" mentality. Lots of… Advice to Senior Management: Lighten up and loosen the purse strings. Be more supportive… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Linear Technology.

Worked for Linear Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Linear Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Linear Technology CEO Lothar Maier. All reviews posted anonymously by Linear Technology employees.