There are newer employer reviews for Linear Technology

Associate Design Engineer (Lab Super-Tech)

Current Employee - Associate Design Engineer in North Chelmsford, MA
Current Employee - Associate Design Engineer in North Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Linear Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love it. Designers are very smart and good to work for. No politics, no games, no bulls***. Management focuses on high value, long life, high performance parts and has a long view. What a refreshing change from other short-sighted tech companies! Yes, there have been shutdowns but it sure beats getting laid off or working insane hours like most other companies handle downturns. A very broad based product line is also a pleasure to work with, it means there is no such thing as one big stumble that kills the company. I've learned a lot here and never want to leave.

Cons

None. This is as good as it gets.

Advice to Management

Keep it up guys, I want to retire from LTC.

Other Employee Reviews for Linear Technology

Shut down after shut down

Current Employee - Mixed Signal Test Eng Manager in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Mixed Signal Test Eng Manager in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at Linear Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good technical people Stock USED to be good - but not anymore.

Cons

The management STILL think they are running a startup and they are doing everyone a favor by letting them work there. The still think everyone there will get rich and work them hard. Those same technical people are very arrogant. Coupled with a CYA environment it can be very frustrating to learn since they'll jump all over your but if you admit you don't know something. Profit sharing has been decreasing ALOT. I remember when it went as high as 68% but now it stays in the high 30's. Not good. Especially with the lower salaries. Old equipment. Mgmt is good at encouraging employees to save money. In the past that effort was rewarded with higher profit sharing. Nowadays, there is no incentive to slog through using old equipment and making my job tougher. Especially since I'll never benefit from my effort to save money. Very little opportunity for advancement. Mngment has given up ALOT of business and the company has had slow growth. Things they say in EVERY quarterly meeting: 1) Keep your nose to the grind stone!!!! -- (so mngmnt can benefit while the workers are stiffed) 2) Wall street doesn't like us but they'll soon see how good we are --- It's been over a decade and wall street hasn't noticed yet. WTF is mgmnt smoking?!?!?! 3) Let's keep costs down --- So mgmnt can benefit while they keep lowering profit sharing?

2. Great company

Current Contractor - Layout Designer in Tempe, AZ
    Current Contractor - Layout Designer in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Linear Technology as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everything about this company is a pro.

Cons

There are no cons to this company.

Advice to Management

None