Linear Title

www.lineartitle.com
  www.lineartitle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Linear Title

Baffling business practices, feels like high school again

I worked at Linear Title full-time

Pros

Fast-paced environment, good overview of many aspects of title industry, lunch truck on site and periodic lunch purchases for departments.

Cons

Lack of or substandard training. Employees frequently fired or demoted with no warning. Micromanaged, yet job expectations are extremely vague. Very strong atmosphere of distrust and backstabbing. Encourages mediocrity and toadyism, as those who are friends of managers are untouchable, where all others can expect to be thrown under the bus. Hard work is generally not rewarded, unless you're "in" with the brass. "Opportunities" tend to be lateral moves across departments, with no concurrent improvement in employee condition.

Favoritism and secret-keeping are rampant and obvious, and that is hurting company morale. Developing clear training standards and giving employees a review of their shortcomings (and thus an opportunity to correct them) rather than simply firing them would help decrease errors, limit profit loss from continually training new hires and greatly improve production efficiency in the long run.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Linear Title (View Most Recent)

Good Old Boys Club - Their Way Or The Highway - CEO is a Moron, Goofball - hit on me

I worked at Linear Title full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good technology, fast paced, bring in lunch

Cons

Sweatshop, fire without warning, no female management, male managers treat females like dirt

Get samrt

Good Starting Job

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Linear Title full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Though I have not been with Linear long, I have already had a lot of opportunities for learning different aspects of the industry and thorough training provided from the ground up by very knowledgeable management. Friendly coworkers and management. Relaxed schedule and dress code. Fast paced environment. Hard work has been recognized and appreciated.

Cons

Not much to say here, except that though I have enjoyed having very diverse projects, none of them have been as challenging as I might like.

There are newer employer reviews for Linear Title