Linear Title
www.lineartitle.com Middletown, RI 50 to 149 Employees

Baffling business practices, feels like high school again

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Linear Title full-time

ProsFast-paced environment, good overview of many aspects of title industry, lunch truck on site and periodic lunch purchases for departments.

ConsLack of or substandard training. Employees frequently fired or demoted with no warning. Micromanaged, yet job expectations are extremely vague. Very strong atmosphere of distrust and backstabbing. Encourages mediocrity and toadyism, as those who are friends of managers are untouchable, where all others can expect to be thrown under the bus. Hard work is generally not rewarded, unless you're "in" with the brass. "Opportunities" tend to be lateral moves across departments, with no concurrent improvement in employee condition.

Advice to Senior ManagementFavoritism and secret-keeping are rampant and obvious, and that is hurting company morale. Developing clear training standards and giving employees a review of their shortcomings (and thus an opportunity to correct them) rather than simply firing them would help decrease errors, limit profit loss from continually training new hires and greatly improve production efficiency in the long run.

Good Old Boys Club - Their Way Or The Highway - CEO is a Moron, Goofball - hit on me

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Linear Title full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good technology, fast paced, bring in lunch Cons: Sweatshop, fire without warning, no female management, male managers treat… Advice to Senior Management: Get samrt No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Interesting look at the title insurance industry

Title Curative Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Linear Title full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great coworkers, relaxed environment, very nice break room, department managers are approachable, cubicles are pretty… Cons: Proprietary software tends to act up, bit of a steep learning curve, parking lot could use some better… Advice to Senior Management: Maybe spending less on flat screen TVs that are kept to a minimum volume Better salting of the entry way & parking lot during the winter The… More

There are newer reviews on Linear Title.

Worked for Linear Title? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Linear Title reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Linear Title CEO Nick Liuzza. All reviews posted anonymously by Linear Title employees.