LinkShare

www.linkshare.com

Great introduction to online e-commerce

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Backbone of internet e-commerce; work with premier advertisers; understand multiple internet business models

Cons

job growth is limited; good amount of turnover; company culture could improve

Other reviews for LinkShare

I love working here

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL

Pros

It seems that reviews on Linkshare are sparse- so I will try to be very thorough. I very much enjoy working at Linkshare. First of all, the company as whole tries very hard to be positive, to keep employee morale up, and to foster a fun environment to work. We have group outings (paid for by the company), karaoke nights, tons of office parties, and many have been known to break open a bottle of wine in the office on Fridays. It's seriously a fun place.

If fun isn't your thing- Linkshare also has great people. You end up working with some of the nicest, friendliest folks you can imagine. They love to work but they don't foster annoying competitiveness, and they never put each other down. I can say its truly a team environment. My bosses are very understanding- they allow us to talk to them about any concerns we might have, they ask us about our career path, how they can help us grow, and always keep their ends of the bargain. We are often able to work from home, we get tons of vacation time, we get to go home on time most days (of course every job has busy seasons), and on the whole, I'd say work-life balance is a huge priority. I feel at home here.

Another plus- at Linkshare, you can pretty much build your own job. If you decide you want to do something, and you pitch it to management, they will likely tell you to go for it. They will pay you to do it, and they'll support you along the way (as long as its actually something the company does of course). I know several people here who came up with great ideas, and now head up their own departments. Of course, they put in their time at the company (this didnt happen for them in one year) but they are definitely benefiting.

Cons

On the downside, there are some drawbacks. It's hard to grow at Linkshare if you have certain types of jobs. The company will often hire people from outside rather than promoting from within, which can be frustrating. I have seen people promoted from within, but I have also seen them hire from outside. I know company employees get very frustrated about that.

Another downside is the holiday schedule. Linkshare's busiest time of year is the holiday season- so don't expect to be "off" for christmas. Even though you are technically not in the office, your client can and will call you at any given time. That would be another hard thing about working at LInkshare. The point of our job is to please our clients, and its often difficult. Clients can be demanding (in any job) and they aren't very nice. I do feel defended by my bosses, but sometimes you just get caught in the line of fire. On those days, its hard to work here.

Another downside- it seems that there arent too many company-wide standards at linkshare. All departments run differently, so some departments may be benefiting in ways that others aren't. For example, in my department working from home is frowned upon. In other departments, employees work from home 3-4 days per week. It's really all dependant on your supervisor and his/her style. But it can be frustrating to watch others enjoy these perks, while you're not able to.

Communicate better inter-departmentally. Give employees room to move up within the company and help them do it.

Great co-workers, great job for new graduates, nice location, management needs to improve

Current Employee - Technology  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technology in New York, NY

Pros

You get to work on cutting edge technology and tools. There is good documentation and constant review of standards and processes. Location is great. The NY office is located by Union Square park and there are lots of great places to eat nearby. You get to work on interesting projects and industry leading products, platforms as well as with project teams that are comprised of smart and motivated co-workers.

Cons

Management is constantly scolding staff in front of other co-workers during and after meetings. There is too much micromanagement from leadership. Promotions are limited within the tech teams. There is a high turnover rate due to employee dissatisfaction and ability of staff to find better opportunities elsewhere. Salary is below industry standards although it has improved recently due to improved IT market conditions.

Stop micro management and trust your staff to make important decisions. Identify ways to improve communication with teams. Improve staff recognition and reward overall contributions and successes.

There are newer employer reviews for LinkShare.

Worked for LinkShare? Contribute to the Community!