LinkedIn

www.linkedin.com
  www.linkedin.com
There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

A place to demonstrate your true potential

I have been working at LinkedIn

Pros

Our leaders are transformational. Our employees are inspirational. The best reasons to work at LinkedIn lies beyond the 'cool factor', of which there are many, and extends to our vision to create economic opportunity for every professional in the world. LinkedIn is an extraordinary environment enabling employees to exercise their true talent and pave the way in changing the world of work. We have only scratched the surface through professional networking - our greater impact lies in the power of fractal energy on a global scale...cultivating jobs, creating opportunity, making the world a greater place.

Cons

Patience is a virtue that must be realized by employees and leaders. When an organization evolves as rapidly as LinkedIn, there is a kaleidoscope brought about by previous experiences and current expectations. Creating the much needed infrastructure is happening. This platform will take us to the next level but we must exercise a degree of patience. Rome wasn't built in a day. LinkedIn is rapidly evolving but not as quick as the blink of an eye - that too would be a mistake...one minute we are there, the next minute we are not. Balance and patience my friends.

Never stray from the customer line of sight. We have an amazing array of product. Always remember who we are creating it for.

870 Other Employee Reviews for LinkedIn (View Most Recent)

Glad to be LinkedOut - great product, but weak leadership & weak compensation

Former Employee - Corporate Solutions Account Executive in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Solutions Account Executive in Mountain View, CA

I worked at LinkedIn

Pros

Linkedin has great brand awareness and people are very eager to speak w/ you when you conduct a sales call. LI offers very good perks & benefits (on-site massage, fully stocked kitchens, meals are provided, lots of freebies. Good communication from a top-down perspective. Big names speakers are invited to address LI employees.

Cons

-LI is led by inexperienced middle mgmt who lead by fear & intimidation. Most mid-mgmt have little or no experience leading and are quite often promoted because of "who they know" rather than "what they know & what they can offer".
    -The sales compensation package is very low compared to other silicon valley companies, and when the sales team figures out how to make $, "the house" changes the rules to regain the advantage.
    -LI offers a small share of stock options. Upper mngmt receive the lions-share and are able to exercise them long before the foot-soldiers.
    -The exec mgmt team doesn't know how disgruntled the rank & file sales team is-LI strings a lot of job seekers w/ contract positions to save $ by not offering benefits. Most good non-perm employees do not get perm job offers until well after 1 yr of work.

-hire and compensate seasoned pros and not kiddies
    -need to reevaluate mid mgrs
    -re-recruit past LI talent
    -privately interview seasoned LI personnel and former employees to get the real picture of what is going on behind the scenes

Great company to work for at any stage in your career

I have been working at LinkedIn

Pros

- Strong corporate culture that is grounded in core values
    - Intellectually curious people who are respectful of others and generous with their time
    - Fun work environment where people are professional but don't take themselves too seriously
    - Opportunity to do transformational work (on my career, at the company, in the world)
    - Open, direct and constructive communication: no shrinking violets!
    - Free food and beverages
    - inDay (one free work day every month to pursue what inspires you)
    - Youthful vibe of a college campus coupled with the knowledge and integrity of industry veterans

Cons

- The open floor plan in Mountain View is cramped and loud
    - The 401(k) company match is ridiculously low (50% of the first 3% of employee contributions)

Stay focused. Make bolder moves. Keep communicating openly and often. Don't stop believing in our vision of creating economic opportunity for every professional in the world -- it's the real deal.

There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn