LinkedIn

www.linkedin.com

Meritocracy

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Big ideas welcome, easy to get leadership support for projects/ideas. Solid executive team focused on long term vision of the company.

Cons

Starting to get to the point where it feels like a big company. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but the startup feel starts to wear off when you're ~2,500 employees.

Stay focused on the on the long term vision, but be mindful of day to day challenges.

Other reviews for LinkedIn

Proceed with a very powerful zoom lens.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Mountain View, CA

Pros

-From the outside looking in, one of the most innovative, forward thinking companies in the valley.
    -Tech darling of wall street
    -Solid, visionary exec leadership who seem genuine, believable & competant
    -Transparency at the top
    -Free food and good perks

Cons

-Mid/lower management, (especially int he sales org) can be a BIG miss.

-There are a few good sales managers but by and large, incompetency reigns supreme at this level. They have a sales manager with literally 2 years of sales experience, "trying" to lead tenured reps who've carried a bag for a decade. The result? Downfall of many reps due to "cultural clashes"

-Post first week training, on boarding is nearly non-existent. Very cliquish and overall sense of negativity on the floor.

-Little to no career development unless you're in the 23 year old crowd.

-One of the most political environments I've encountered in my career

Middle management is the chink in the chain hurting LinkedIn and you're losing reps at all levels, both physically and emotionally. Don't take your middle manager's words for it, try to get an ear on the ground yourself.

Culture and values rule

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

The senior leadership of LinkedIn care a lot about culture and values. In fact every time they speak it is to draw the connection between the day to day with what we value as a company. The growth has been crazy and things are fast and loose as we figure out new space and continue to execute. I love working with so many people that are also working their dream job. You can feel it when you come to work each day.

Cons

If you like process, structure, and careful decision making you'll be disappointed. Also, we are no longer as agile as we used to be, but we try to be. It is a public company, but it doesn't yet feel that way. It will get there eventually though.

Keep the small company feel. It is a special place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn.

Worked for LinkedIn? Contribute to the Community!