LinkedIn

www.linkedin.com
  www.linkedin.com
There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

Best company in the valley, after many years

Current Employee - Engineering Leader in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Engineering Leader in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

CEO - Jeff Weiner is far and away the best CEO of companies I've worked at or know about. He is driven, pushes his team for the best, and is also compassionate and balanced.

Great Culture - InDays (one day a month off your normal job to hack, volunteer, learn something new, etc), Band Room for musicians, Pinball, Pool, Foosball, Ping Pong, Gym, engineering ski trip, etc, etc.

Super smart people - high bar for talent. So you get to work with great people.

Company doing extremely well - metrics up and to the right. Three revenue streams. Little in way of direct competition.

Cons

Company has grown and continues to grow very quickly, so if you don't do well in an environment of change, you won't do well here.

Keep doing what you're doing.

895 Other Employee Reviews for LinkedIn (View Most Recent)

My experience at LinkedIn has truly been transformational.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-We are a high growth company who still lives by the values of a start-up. As a result we innovate quickly but strategically while remaining focused and collaborative across the organization.
    -LinkedIn lives by its culture and values on a daily basis - they are ingrained in its employees.
    -LinkedIn also offers a combination of really, really smart people in a young, relatively laid back environment. Our CEO defines happiness as loving coming to work every day, and loving going home at night, and that sentiment echos throughout the entire organization. Work-life balance is extremely valued here. And the benefits are the best I've had at any company!

Cons

-We are still a start-up, just a really big one. If you are defined by absolute structure and don't like change or innovation, this is probably not the place for you.

Fun work in a well-run company

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Open and positive attitude,
    - Your work touches millions of people in a meaningful way,
    - People around you are smart but not arrogant,
    - If you have important things to say, you can talk to anyone, and people will listen,
    - Horizontal mobility: you can do different things within the company,
    - Not too much politics

Cons

- Space is sometimes a problem (more buildings are built in Mountain View and Sunnyvale so this could become better soon),
    - It is not always clear who is responsible for what,
    - People are running too fast which creates duplication of effort,

The culture favors incremental development that builds and improves on existing products/technology. Try harder to make dramatic products that change people's lives and have impact on the industry.

There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn