Mixed bag. Tread carefully if thinking about coming here.

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Fast growing.
-Good pay.
-Access to rock stars if they have time.
-Some groups do innovative work.

Cons

-Professional development only applies if you are an engineer.
-Execs oblivious to a lot of morale and recognition issues outside of engineering. Expecting to see big drain over the next year of key/critical people.
-401K program is terrible.
-Hiring on quantity not quality in many teams and it is starting to show.
-Decisions made with no understanding of solution impact.
-A lot of dead weight.

Spend some time with your and other teams. Learn their names. Eat in the cafeteria with the rank and file more than one time a year. Go sit at a random table for an impromptu skip level. (This should include Jeff.)

Other Reviews for LinkedIn

Best Company That I Ever Worked For

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Mountain View, CA

I worked at LinkedIn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I started with LinkedIn fairly early on in the sales division so to be there during a huge growth phase was a great experience. Management was very fair, agressive and ambitious and made sure that new hires fit very well into the sales culture. It was a fun time to work there, built great relationships and enjoyed myself tremendously.

Cons

That was then and this is now. The sales division is huge and you cannot keep the same culture. That's understandable as the company grows, but LinkedIn will continue to lose good people that have tenture there. If "out with the old and in with the new" is the current mantra, then they're abiding by it very well.

Be very careful about compromising good service to customers. The recruiting industry is very fickle. Don't be the type the of organization that just tries to fill seats with bodies. That has a very lasting effect on the overall business.

LinkedIn is what you make of it

Current Employee - GCO  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - GCO in Omaha, NE

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome company, but the cultural of LinkedIn is not for everyone -- just like any company . They look for innovative people who are not just waiting for their next step, but creating it. The ability to transform your career and passions to a job you love, is incredible. I love having a direct influence on my career path. There isn't a right or wrong way to move in the direction you want to go with LinkedIn. It isn't a ladder you are trying to move up. It is a staircase with many floors. You choose where you want to go.

Cons

Some employees don't get it. You influence your path and management is their to guide you and support you, but not hold your hand.

Keep doing what you are doing!

There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn.

Worked for LinkedIn? Contribute to the Community!