LinkedIn

There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

Love it here!

Current Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Really happy here. I get to work on ground breaking projects with some of the smartest people I have met in my career. Cool people, good (free!) food, and really great opportunities.

Cons

Still entrepreneurial and therefore some systems, processes are still under development

n/a

895 Other Employee Reviews for LinkedIn (View Most Recent)

Data Scientist Intern

Former Employee - Data Scientist in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Data Scientist in Mountain View, CA

I worked at LinkedIn as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Free food, great kitchen, 24/7 on-campus gym. The summer intern program is great. There are a lot of interesting problems to work on at LinkedIn and it's very easy to achieve a good work-life balance at LinkedIn.

Cons

No dinner is provided, but you can grab lunch boxes during lunch time. Open area workspace, sometimes it's a bit noisy but most time it's okay.

Company focuses on making professionals successful but fails to deliver that same service to its own employees.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1) The perks are great -- free food at every corner, monthly inDays to stretch you beyond your usual work, exercise classes, flexible work schedule, and more.
    2) The potential of the company is also hard to ignore -- we're on a trajectory to do great things and the market agrees (as reflected in our stock price).

Cons

1) There is a failure to foster and grow talent, leading to high churn and dissatisfaction among tenured employees. I've been here for 3+ years and have been vocal in my desire to expand my role and grow my career. We lack the internal structure to support employees like me who want to stay at the company but need guidance on where opportunities may lie. So people either get frustrated and leave or simply stay to fulfill their vesting period and get increasingly disgruntled in the process.

2) Inconsistent culture and work/life balance: I have only experienced the Marketing team where employees struggle with being overworked and unable to enjoy the "fun" aspects of working at LinkedIn. Other teams like engineering and product appear to be the opposite.

Invest in your existing talent -- look to grow from within before hiring from outside, even if it involves risk and training.

There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn