LinkedIn

There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

Love this place

Current Employee - Engineering in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Engineering in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been in the Valley for 11 years and LinkedIn is my third software company. I'm pretty sure it's also by far the best one I've worked for in terms of the level of excitement, energy, the culture of innovation and quality of people. The company is going through hyper-growth right now and it shows in both the stock price and campus vibe. People are genuinely happy to be here and I'm no exception to that. LinkedIn is a meritocracy so instead of hiring people from outside there is a culture of promoting strong performers. This is true even for managers and I'm impressed by how many managers used to once be engineers at the company. The company is also committed to staying innovative so there are a number of initiatives which are geared towards encouraging employees to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions to problems. Finally, I would of course be remiss if I did not give kudos to the new full service cafeteria in MV, which is pretty amazing.

Cons

The gym could definitely be better but that's really about it.

I hope that Jeff and his team can continue the culture of transparency they have instilled into the company through frequent stand ups and what not. I think it does great for employee morale when the executives are accessible and willing to answer any tough questions people may have.

896 Other Employee Reviews for LinkedIn (View Most Recent)

Love it here!

Current Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Really happy here. I get to work on ground breaking projects with some of the smartest people I have met in my career. Cool people, good (free!) food, and really great opportunities.

Cons

Still entrepreneurial and therefore some systems, processes are still under development

n/a

Company focuses on making professionals successful but fails to deliver that same service to its own employees.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1) The perks are great -- free food at every corner, monthly inDays to stretch you beyond your usual work, exercise classes, flexible work schedule, and more.
    2) The potential of the company is also hard to ignore -- we're on a trajectory to do great things and the market agrees (as reflected in our stock price).

Cons

1) There is a failure to foster and grow talent, leading to high churn and dissatisfaction among tenured employees. I've been here for 3+ years and have been vocal in my desire to expand my role and grow my career. We lack the internal structure to support employees like me who want to stay at the company but need guidance on where opportunities may lie. So people either get frustrated and leave or simply stay to fulfill their vesting period and get increasingly disgruntled in the process.

2) Inconsistent culture and work/life balance: I have only experienced the Marketing team where employees struggle with being overworked and unable to enjoy the "fun" aspects of working at LinkedIn. Other teams like engineering and product appear to be the opposite.

Invest in your existing talent -- look to grow from within before hiring from outside, even if it involves risk and training.

There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn