There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

LinkedIn is a grownup company.

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Highly professional, effective people. Projects that actually make a difference, and a focus on meaningful work. Good perks, happy people, and the pay is fairly competitive. I was underpaid at my old job, so I got roughly a 60% raise after stock and bonus was factored in.

Cons

Very corporate- less than you might think, but more than you probably ideally want. As one might expect from the size of the company, it is less agile than a startup, and more bureaucratic. However, it feels still acceptable.

Keep the stock price high and focus on quality middle management, and you're gold.

825 Other Employee Reviews for LinkedIn (View Most Recent)

Transformational experience for a new college graduate

Current Employee - GSO U Associate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - GSO U Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for less than a year

Pros

-The Vision: This is a company that does more than just generate revenue, we are working towards the bigger picture here.
    -The People: Silicon Valley is filled with smart, fun, nerdy, innovative people. LinkedIn is filled with that and more. The people at the company truly believe in the impact our company has on the world. It's a beautiful commonality.
    -The Product: LinkedIn as a product is best in class. I am so proud to work for a company that boasts such a stellar product.
    -The Cafe: I don't work in headquarters, but when I do have the fortune of working in MTV - i am BLOWN away by the quality of our cafe. It is GOURMET and the team is lovely.
    -Commitment to transformation: The leaders of our company are committed to providing you as an individual employee a transformational experience.

Cons

We are growing so fast that sometimes things seem a bit unorganized and overwhelming. The company is trying to combat this by making "Act Like An Owner" a core value. If all employees act like owners, the company is that much better off.

Continue to mentor younger employees. You do a great job, keep it up!

Awesome

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for less than a year

Pros

All the perks of competing firms (Google, FB) in a smaller company, which means you have a larger impact. Great work life balance and many very smart people. Many problems to be solved as LinkedIn continues to expand faster and faster.

Cons

With all the recruiting going on, interviewing can start to take a good chunk of your time.

None - Jeff is great!

There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

Worked for LinkedIn? Contribute to the Community!