There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

I have a huge smile every morning when I'm going to work! I <3 Sales Systems

Current Employee - Sales Systems  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales Systems in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best Sales Systems team in the world!
CEO is solid
Very smart people to work with
Great at embracing culture and values
Great managers
Multiple shuttles from sf to mountain view and Sunnyvale
Dealing with the hyper growth like a champ
Flexible work hours
New hq cafeteria is AMAZING! No joke
Snacks, beverages, + froyo
Access to an on site gym at each office in CA
Travel opportunities
Food truck Fridays during the summer
Excellent company brand

Cons

Commute is awful, but that's the case for any other tech job outside of sf. Fortunately, I get to work out of SF for most of the week.

Keep up the great work! Just keep hiring the right people and everything will take care of itself.

831 Other Employee Reviews for LinkedIn (View Most Recent)

Smart people, hard problems, freedom to innovate and time to enjoy life

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people working at LinkedIn continue to amaze me with their sheer ambition and intelligence. We are constantly solving difficult problems and developing software that is on the cutting edge of large scale distributed systems (most of that software becomes open source which I also appreciate). I love how much my manager cares that I am always doing something that I am passionate about. Should I ever find myself in a position where I am not happy with what I am doing, it would be a simple matter to switch to another team. Perhaps my favorite part about LinkedIn though, is that I feel completely comfortable leaving work at 5:15, leaving me with plenty of time to work on my own programming projects or personal hobbies. Sure there are some people who work long hours and work on the weekend, but they are not the norm.

Cons

Coming in as a new college grad, I actually had kind of a difficult time finding other people my age to become friends with. The average age of LinkedIn employees tends to be between 30-40, which I do appreciate since I have a lot to learn from them, but I'm not exactly going to go out clubbing with them. Other than that, the only complaint would be the pace of growth--it's hard to establish good processes for developing and deploying code when the people you work with are constantly changing and increasing. Lastly, considering how quickly LinkedIn is growing, their on boarding program leaves a bit to be desired. I only had three days of lectures, largely about things that were actually pretty irrelevant to my job.

Better on boarding would be great. Perhaps an additional day of training that is more closely tailored to the roles of each new employee.

LinkedIn -- Truly an [in]spiring company to work for!

Current Employee - Global Strategic Support Representative  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Global Strategic Support Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for LinkedIn the past couple of years and been one of the greatest experiences in my life. Not only has it opened the for me professionally, I have also met an [in]numerable amount of wonderful people internally and externally. The company and management continues to motivate their employees to be a part of the bigger picture.

Cons

I wish I had more hours in the day to get my work done.

I would like a little more flexibility working from home. At times, I find that I am more productive when I work from home as I do not have [in]office distractions.

There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

Worked for LinkedIn? Contribute to the Community!