There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

I have a huge smile every morning when I'm going to work! I <3 Sales Systems

Current Employee - Sales Systems in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales Systems in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best Sales Systems team in the world!
CEO is solid
Very smart people to work with
Great at embracing culture and values
Great managers
Multiple shuttles from sf to mountain view and Sunnyvale
Dealing with the hyper growth like a champ
Flexible work hours
New hq cafeteria is AMAZING! No joke
Snacks, beverages, + froyo
Access to an on site gym at each office in CA
Travel opportunities
Food truck Fridays during the summer
Excellent company brand

Cons

Commute is awful, but that's the case for any other tech job outside of sf. Fortunately, I get to work out of SF for most of the week.

Keep up the great work! Just keep hiring the right people and everything will take care of itself.

856 Other Employee Reviews for LinkedIn (View Most Recent)

A company that values its employees just as much as it values its members.

Current Employee - Product Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- LinkedIn truly values its employees. From the renovated cafe to the gym classes to the speaker series to the hackathons...the list goes on and on.
    - Fantastic culture. We have an intense culture but everyone is here to help each other succeed and deliver a great experience to our members.

Cons

- As the company grows, some "big company" processes are starting to be introduced but that's to be expected.

- Keep up the good work. Remember to treat and value your employees as much as your customers and you'll continue to make LinkedIn a great place to work.

Smart people, hard problems, freedom to innovate and time to enjoy life

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people working at LinkedIn continue to amaze me with their sheer ambition and intelligence. We are constantly solving difficult problems and developing software that is on the cutting edge of large scale distributed systems (most of that software becomes open source which I also appreciate). I love how much my manager cares that I am always doing something that I am passionate about. Should I ever find myself in a position where I am not happy with what I am doing, it would be a simple matter to switch to another team. Perhaps my favorite part about LinkedIn though, is that I feel completely comfortable leaving work at 5:15, leaving me with plenty of time to work on my own programming projects or personal hobbies. Sure there are some people who work long hours and work on the weekend, but they are not the norm.

Cons

Coming in as a new college grad, I actually had kind of a difficult time finding other people my age to become friends with. The average age of LinkedIn employees tends to be between 30-40, which I do appreciate since I have a lot to learn from them, but I'm not exactly going to go out clubbing with them. Other than that, the only complaint would be the pace of growth--it's hard to establish good processes for developing and deploying code when the people you work with are constantly changing and increasing. Lastly, considering how quickly LinkedIn is growing, their on boarding program leaves a bit to be desired. I only had three days of lectures, largely about things that were actually pretty irrelevant to my job.

Better on boarding would be great. Perhaps an additional day of training that is more closely tailored to the roles of each new employee.

There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn