There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

LinkedIn is an absolutely incredible place to work, and I’m loving every moment it!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LinkedIn is a company that truly cares about its employees, providing opportunities for professional growth and career transformation. I look forward to coming to work every day, and feel inspired by everyone around me. - absolutely brilliant people, in every department - great employee benefits and perks - InDays & hack days - company culture is like no other; the best I've seen - the agility of a startup with the stability of an established company - bi-weekly company all-hands meeting with the CEO - flexible work hours / vacation structure is awesome / perfect work-life balance - company transparency & communication from the executive team - very clear mission/vision... members always come first!

Cons

Not much to say for the cons section... - dealing with legacy code can be painful

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Excellent company, but some politics

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent company to work for. Free lunches and dinners that are of very high quality - even better than most restaurants around here. On-site gym with instructor-led classes, hack days, incubator program are all part of the fun culture.

Cons

Too much politics for a company of its size. Promotions are slow (non-existant), especially for Software Engineers in Test. The company did not even have a career progression profile for these position until recently! Health insurance is so-so at best. High premiums, and low coverage. Also, there is no stock rewards at year-end review, unless you are in senior leadership role. That's shocking given that all the companies competing for talent here gives stock rewards to its employee rank-and-file.

Advice to Management

- Consider better insurance plans - Consider giving stock-based compensation to rank-and-file employees rather than giving all the stocks to a selected few at Senior leadership roles.

2. Amazing talent, Inspiring vision, aspirational culture

Current Employee - Marketing Solutions in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Solutions in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. The people. We hire really, really smart people. 2. The culture. Collaboration and Communication are key pillars, which allows those really smart people to work together to do really smart things 3. The opportunity. We are still small enough where a single person's contribution is significant, and we are growing quickly enough that there is always something new to work on

Cons

Downsides...hmm. Well I suppose the maternity leave policy could be updated to match that of our competitors.