There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

Great place to transform career

Current Employee - Manager  in  Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Excellent Senior leadership. Jeff and Mike do a great job of communicating where the company is and where its going.
- The vision is inspiring. Creating economic opportunity for the world's 3 billion workers.
- Really nice peer-to-peer skill building opportunities.
- Monthly hackdays keep the start-up spirit alive even as we grow to 4k+ employees

Cons

- This is a title poor company. Most of my MBA cohort outside LinkedIn are at the Director/VP level. I'm in a comparable job here and am a Manager. Titles aren't a big deal to me, but I have heard that the lower perception hurts employees when they leave the company.

- Fight bureaucracy wherever you can. Limit meetings and time spent working on internal processes. Free us up to go build cool stuff that will change the world.
- Encourage more internal mobility. It happens today within Sales, Product and Engineering. Could it happen across those groups?
-Open up offices in lower cost cities. Denver, Salt Lake City, Austin, Atlanta etc.. It is impossible to buy a home in Mountain View/Palo Alto and standard of living would be higher outside Silicon Valley.

828 Other Employee Reviews for LinkedIn (View Most Recent)

Transformational company, staff, and experience. Top 3 Globally for employees!

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture, Food, People, Ping Pong, Amazing Products, Amazing leadership, bright future, Love working in the Empire State Building.

Cons

Getting a bit larger - 900 employees to 5,000 in 3 years. Wowzers. Still, they want us to be a "billion dollar startup", so are trying to remove big company barriers.

Preserve that startup culture!

My Dream Job

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Surrounded by smart, hard-working people who all share a passion for the business
    - Fabulous benefits and perks
    - Multiple avenues within the business to pursue career goals (several business lines, international growth, etc)
    - Flexibility, autonomy, and great earning potential
    - Customer excitement around our products and services

Cons

- Most US-based employees are based in San Francisco, New York City, Chicago, or Omaha...which results in limited US mobility

There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

Worked for LinkedIn? Contribute to the Community!