There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

Great if you are an engineer, working full time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Free buffet lunch, great perks (so I've heard), relaxing atmosphere, great team.

Cons

There are contract workers who are basically the 2nd class citizens, and not even considered employed with LinkedIn

Should require all agencies to provide acceptable healthcare to employers, contract or not.

828 Other Employee Reviews for LinkedIn (View Most Recent)

Fast-paced, collaborative, and fulfilling

Current Employee - Business Operations Associate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Business Operations Associate in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Highest calibre colleagues drive collaboration and excellence amongst all teams. Fast-paced work encouraging intelligent prioritization and risk-taking.

Cons

Longer hours in the 50-60 hrs/week range

Great place to transform career

Current Employee - Manager  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at LinkedIn full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Excellent Senior leadership. Jeff and Mike do a great job of communicating where the company is and where its going.
    - The vision is inspiring. Creating economic opportunity for the world's 3 billion workers.
    - Really nice peer-to-peer skill building opportunities.
    - Monthly hackdays keep the start-up spirit alive even as we grow to 4k+ employees

Cons

- This is a title poor company. Most of my MBA cohort outside LinkedIn are at the Director/VP level. I'm in a comparable job here and am a Manager. Titles aren't a big deal to me, but I have heard that the lower perception hurts employees when they leave the company.

- Fight bureaucracy wherever you can. Limit meetings and time spent working on internal processes. Free us up to go build cool stuff that will change the world.
    - Encourage more internal mobility. It happens today within Sales, Product and Engineering. Could it happen across those groups?
    -Open up offices in lower cost cities. Denver, Salt Lake City, Austin, Atlanta etc.. It is impossible to buy a home in Mountain View/Palo Alto and standard of living would be higher outside Silicon Valley.

There are newer employer reviews for LinkedIn

Worked for LinkedIn? Contribute to the Community!