There are newer employer reviews for Links Technology

not a lot to say, no contact once placed in field

Current Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Links Technology

Pros

they pay me to go to work

Cons

no contact with anyone in the company

Links Technology Response

Oct 17, 2014Director of Recruitment Services

We always appreciate feedback, because we can utilize this information to make any and all necessary organizational changes to avoid losing great resources in the future. Links does make every effort ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Current help desk support engineer.

I have been working at Links Technology

Pros

I would liken working at Links Technology to working with family. Everyone you work with up to the owner is very thoughtful, helpful, and wants to see you develop as an employee as much as the development of businesses they support.

If you have passion for all things IT, then this is the job for you. There is always something to do and new things to learn. It just requires the desire to want to get better as an administator.

Cons

This is not a typical 9-5 job, as clients will contact at all hours of the day. There is an expectaction that some issues be responded to, which can cause some challenges with personal and family time. This leads to only some of the more dedicated employees to be the only ones responding.

Given the size of the help desk support team, there doesn't seem like much room to move up in the company. There isn't any defined promotion standard.

Advice to Management

I recommend an on-call support schedule with an overseeing advanced IT tech to facilitate after hours support and to get every tech involved.

It would also be great if there was defined tiers for support. This might be good for a promotion structure and help with company growth.

Links Technology Response

Dec 2, 2014Director of Recruitment Services

It is so great to see this feedback. Your advice regarding employment of a tiered support structure and all a scheduled on-call rotation is much appreciated, and is something that will surely be ... More

2. Fantastic place to work, very family oriented.

I have been working at Links Technology

Pros

I have been working at Links Technology for over 10 years, and it is the best company I have ever worked for. All the employees feel like family and help each other, there is no cut throat corporate politics. Fun, energetic and great place to work.

Cons

Parking can sometimes be challenging