Links Technology

www.linkstechnology.com
  www.linkstechnology.com
There are newer employer reviews for Links Technology

not a lot to say, no contact once placed in field

Current Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Links Technology

Pros

they pay me to go to work

Cons

no contact with anyone in the company

Oct 17, 2014Director of Recruitment Services

We always appreciate feedback, because we can utilize this information to make any and all necessary organizational changes to avoid losing great resources in the future. Links does make every effort ... More

8 Other Employee Reviews for Links Technology (View Most Recent)

Current help desk support engineer.

I have been working at Links Technology

Pros

I would liken working at Links Technology to working with family. Everyone you work with up to the owner is very thoughtful, helpful, and wants to see you develop as an employee as much as the development of businesses they support.

If you have passion for all things IT, then this is the job for you. There is always something to do and new things to learn. It just requires the desire to want to get better as an administator.

Cons

This is not a typical 9-5 job, as clients will contact at all hours of the day. There is an expectaction that some issues be responded to, which can cause some challenges with personal and family time. This leads to only some of the more dedicated employees to be the only ones responding.

Given the size of the help desk support team, there doesn't seem like much room to move up in the company. There isn't any defined promotion standard.

I recommend an on-call support schedule with an overseeing advanced IT tech to facilitate after hours support and to get every tech involved.

It would also be great if there was defined tiers for support. This might be good for a promotion structure and help with company growth.

Dec 2, 2014Director of Recruitment Services

It is so great to see this feedback. Your advice regarding employment of a tiered support structure and all a scheduled on-call rotation is much appreciated, and is something that will surely be ... More

Great place to work

Current Employee - Information Technology in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Links Technology full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The “Links” experience is over and beyond any imaginable expectations. The work environment is very professional while being balanced with a family atmosphere and flexibility of home and work schedules. The Links Management Team allows you to grow as a professional and as a person, and it’s amazing how much work can get done when you are working with state-of-the-art equipment and software.

Cons

Links Technology is a workplace that makes Careers, not just jobs! If you are looking for a place of employment to collect “JUST” a pay check, Links is not the place for you. Links Technology is a company of long-term commitments.

Dec 2, 2014Director of Recruitment Services

It is so nice to see that you are happy with your personal "Links experience". We do try to promote a work-life balance. If you ever see opportunities for us to do this better, let us know. Thank ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Links Technology