Linksys
www.linksysbycisco.com Irvine, CA

A company in transition

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Linksys

ProsIf you are interested in developing small electronic devices that people like to use, like routers or other home or small business networking equipment, Linksys should be an excellent place to be. Lots of little and medium size projects, and very friendly people.

ConsLinksys has tended to farm primary development to shops outside the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementVastly improve QA. The high-end consumer products have been too complicated, unreliable and expensive. The company should as a whole figure out how to write and maintain product software. Staff should develop an eye for products that customers want to buy. Sometimes, the Cisco-level goals and ideals appear to distract more than help.

Sometimes devices like routers, which people rarely interact with during normal use, should have unobtrusive industrial design, rather than attempt to make a fashion statement; while other devices, like network radios, which people interact with all the time, should have been given some fashion sense.

Linksys is a great place to work.

Manager (Current Employee)
Irvine, CA

I have been working at Linksys

Pros: Great environment Good People Things get done Cons: Long days Too many meetings - true of most larger companies… Advice to Senior Management: What is going on? Personel changes are fine, but what is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Best company I ever worked for - very satisfied!

Manager (Current Employee)
Irvine, CA

I have been working at Linksys

Pros: People, products, leadership, benefits. It is great to be around so many fellow employees that are smart and motivated. The products are best in class… Cons: You must be driven. No room for slackers. Advice to Senior Management: Be flexible and take market share. Keep the work force… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Linksys.

Worked for Linksys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Linksys reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Linksys CEO John T. Chambers. All reviews posted anonymously by Linksys employees.