There are newer employer reviews for Lion Apparel

Corporate Finance Intern

Former Employee - Corporate Fonance Intern in Dayton, OH
Former Employee - Corporate Fonance Intern in Dayton, OH

I worked at Lion Apparel as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I liked working here, depending on which department you are working in. I worked in finance and was a friendly environment overall.

Cons

I thought that the company was consistently laying people off and the working environment was continually stressful.

None

Aug 4, 2014Staffing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We think the finance department is pretty great, too! We value our employees and promote a long term career at LION. While we haven’t had layoffs or feedback of a ... More

9 Other Employee Reviews for Lion Apparel (View Most Recent)

LION squeaks not roars.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I worked at Lion Apparel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company although big can be family/friendly oriented. Everyone gets the same percentage bonuses, same percentage raise, and vacation time begins at the first of the year and ends at the last month of the year for everyone.

Cons

Very antiquated in thinking. Slow to advance, if at all. Senior executive administration have been here for years. The CEO is family so no one will ever get any higher on the pay scale than being his senior executive administration.

Corporate Headquarter employees make peanuts.

Take the fresh, new outside opinions of incoming staff. Really listen and understand they are fresh eyes and just wanting to improve the company for the better.

Reward employees for how well they do, not how well the company does fiscal year ending!!

Aug 4, 2014Staffing Manager

Thank you for the comments. LION is always looking for new ideas to advance and stay on the cutting edge with ideas and technology. Two of our core beliefs are “collaborating to deliver solutions ... More

BullEx one of the companies they have acquired - Very Unprofessional team

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Albany, NY

I worked at Lion Apparel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Involved in Design of Equipment and Electric Connections. Mostly electric field for those interested in the Electric Field.

Cons

1) Very Unprofessional: They will not care when they acquired you, they will still let you go if they find someone better.
    2) No one in the staff who are of non management positions has stayed more than 2 years with the company. (There is an extremely high turnover rate)
    3) Poor Management Skills: They have extremely bad management skills, they will not give you advice, they will not train you and they will expect you to do the work even if you are not trained for it or have never done it before.
    4) Very poor Interviewing skills: The Job description which I was interviewed for does not match at all what I was doing in the end. They assumed things during the interview and never ask about it during the process and then expect you to accomplish these things regardless and if you don't know how to do they will let you go.
    5) They don't care how much effort you put in your wok, even if you stay more than 12 hours a day working
    Over all I would not advise to work here. The people are very unprofessional and have poor management skills. This company will get rid of you in a second if they find someone better to do the job. No loyalty to anyone

You have a long way to go to improve your interviewing skills, management skills and respect for your employees

Aug 4, 2014Staffing Manager

If you would like to further discuss your experience, please contact me at escharrer@lionprotects.com.

There are newer employer reviews for Lion Apparel