Lionbridge

There are newer employer reviews for Lionbridge

Don't do LIONBRIDGE !!!!

Current Employee - Internet Assessor in Dallas, GA
Current Employee - Internet Assessor in Dallas, GA

I have been working at Lionbridge as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Helps paper companies because you have to print 168 pages for the study guide. If I were Google I would buy a paper company, because a lot of people waste a lot of paper on Lionbridge

Cons

Took 2 test studied guide for several hours. Took tests no response to let me know if I passed or not. No response to email

Have some respect for people's time.

373 Other Employee Reviews for Lionbridge (View Most Recent)

Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Lionbridge full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Workflow may change a bit too many times but overall documentation and definition of work is very well done compared to other companies.

Cons

Too much technology may slowdown your pace. And did I mention, very political!

Understanding if your employees are satisfied and help them to enjoy working will help overall working environment.

Easy work, low pay, no respect

Former Employee - Test Engineer in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Test Engineer in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Lionbridge as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

- Super simple work
    - Flexible hours
    - Great exposure to huge companies
    - Let you work your way

The work for a test engineer is a no brainer. You just repeat a set of steps all day so there is nothing challenging about the work at all. The automation engineers have a little more fun since they actually get to code but there is rarely an opening for that position.

The best perk about the job is the exposure to the big guys, like HP here in Fort Collins. If you get the opportunity to prove yourself, it isn't uncommon for HP to extend an offer to bring you on-board with them.

Another one of the benefits is that Lionbridge doesn't tell you how to do your job. They show you what needs to be done and let you do it your way. So long as the clients needs are met, they are happy.

Cons

- Terrible pay
    - Little direction
    - Few chances for promotion
    - You are simply a "seat-filler"

Lionbridge pays around $12,000 less than the market average. I stepped out of that job and into the same position with another company and found myself shocked by the increase in pay.

With the flexibility of doing things your way comes the problem of not actually knowing what to do most of the time. I was never given any tasks or assignments. My purpose was mostly to sit in a chair and get paid to make Lionbridge money. For an enthusiastic professional such as myself, this is a big problem. Most of my coworkers there felt the same and I never met a person who enjoyed the "get paid to be on Facebook" mentality that was so common at the HP campus.

The main problem with Lionbridge (aside from barely being able to afford to survive) was the fact that no matter how hard you work, unless you catch the eye of the client (HP in my case), you are going to sit in your chair and click buttons until your contract ends and you are let go. Lionbridge rarely rewards talent when they have it.

Pay employees what they are worth. Think about recognizing talent when you have it.

There are newer employer reviews for Lionbridge