Lionsgate
www.lionsgatefilms.com Santa Monica, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Great benefits, great people - advancement can be slow at the lower level

Coordinator (Current Employee)
Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Lionsgate full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat access and interaction with executives. Very open atmosphere and if you have a good (non-cynaca)l attitude you'll be respected by your co-workers. Management is approachable (company Pres makes point to mingle with assistants at company outings) and cares about employees, and huge egos are not as widely tolerated as compared to other studios. Great stock option programs, 401k, and excellent communication with HR.

ConsAdvancement (especially from an assistant level) can be slow, and salaries at the entry level are slightly below that of the industry standard; however, generous bonuses end up balancing it out.

Advice to Senior ManagementDefinitely fat to trim at LGC - many mid-level managers promoted from assistant level lack true 'industry' experience, which slows progress in many departments (i.e. many production execs have never set foot on a set and have difficulty understanding line-items on budgets they approve). Questionable personnel kept on/added through M&A deals that don't aid the company's progress and development.

Good company to break into

International Business Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Lionsgate as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great, relaxed environment. Many cool perks, since it's an entertainment… Cons: Sometimes felt that my work wasn't very relevant, as they made me… Advice to Senior Management: Delegate better, communicate more – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good internship, Good management, YAY

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Lionsgate as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great supervisor, Taught me well, good mentorship, great experience, worked… Cons: very corporate, not too friendly, free but bad parking, repetitive,… Advice to Senior Management: more social gatherings More

There are newer reviews on Lionsgate.

Worked for Lionsgate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lionsgate reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer. All reviews posted anonymously by Lionsgate employees.