Lippert Components

Nice people

Former Employee - Customer Service Warranty in Goshen, IN
Former Employee - Customer Service Warranty in Goshen, IN

I worked at Lippert Components

Pros

Good compensation. Great benefits and office is a very clean environment.

Cons

Geared to rv industry and down trends can effect lay offs.

keep people informed

12 Other Employee Reviews for Lippert Components (View Most Recent)

WHAT A JOKE!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goshen, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goshen, IN

I worked at Lippert Components

Pros

Wages are decent compared to other places. They do promote people quickly, but beware. You will be promoted and not have a CLUE what you are doing. When you fail, you get in trouble for it. They are pretty stable, except for the layoff in 2008. It's a growing company, so it will be a good place to work when all others are bought out. Hours are good - 6 to 2:30 and some overtime permitted.

Cons

Where to start.

Like I said earlier, you will be promoted even if you have no knowledge of the job. You will be expected to do your job and if you fail, it's YOUR fault. No one ever wants to help you; you will completely be on your own. Employees (especially upper management) are constantly talking crap about each other and literally trying to get others fired. If you think you have friends there, you probably don't. Everyone talks about everyone and throws your business everywhere. If you are not apart of the little clique they have going there, good luck to you! There is NO communication whatsoever. Things are constantly changing and they don't care if you know or not. Be prepared to pick up trash outside and do other prison-like work. Don't expect a please or a thank you for going above and beyond.

Employees that have been there for years will not be promoted, yet a new person who's been there 6 months will be. Don't be surprised.

The computer system they run on is ridiculous. It always crashes and doesn't ever work right. The network is SO huge that you'll end up locked out of the system right when you need it. Month end really sucks... so don't plan on having doctor appointments on the last day of the month. Good luck during inventory as well. I've heard you can work 15 hour days on that day.

There is so much favoritism going on that it's scary. Like I said, if you are not an alcoholic, forget about being part of their group. Everyone smokes... so get used to it. There is also no breaks, just a 30 minute lunch. No soap in the bathrooms, so bring your own. There are quite a few OSHA violations in the company, but until OSHA is notified, they will never be corrected.

I would NEVER recommend this job to anyone. I personally feel as though work release inmates are treated better. That is not an understatement! I worked inside the factory, so I have no idea how other areas are... but if you work here, choose a job in receiving or at the dock. At least you will be outside and not have management breathing down your neck.

COMMUNICATE!!! If you like your employees, TELL THEM. Stop acting like you are better than anyone because you wear a black LCI coat and park inside the gates. If you get employee of the month, tell your employees thank you! You are ONLY as good as your crew.

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Lippert Components

Pros

Willing to train employees to succeed.

Cons

LONG hours at quarter end!

None