There are newer employer reviews for Liquid Web Inc.

Venit, Operatus, Abiit (I Came, I Worked, I Left)

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Lansing, MI
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc.

Pros

Great for beginners and people with little experience.

You learn something new everyday, as you are surrounded by brilliant people.

Good place to learn and build up knowledge-base.

Once done working here for at least a year, you can land a job making over 15k-20k more a year anyplace else.

Unlimited overtime (up to 10 hours a week).

Cons

Starting rate of pay is not comparable to industry standards.

Degrees, certifications, previous work experience or current knowledge are not taken into account to determine rate of pay.

Promotional opportunities above supervisor or trainer are scarce or non-existent.

There are only jobs here, no careers.

Slightly micromanaged.

Lack of professionalism and structure (work atmosphere too relaxed).

Offer a starting rate of pay that is competitive with the industry that does not keep the employee indentured.

Offer tuition reimbursement for employees that wish to actually get training to help them grow personally as well as professionally.

Offer management and executive job opportunities to others besides friends and old schoolmates of the CEO.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Liquid Web Inc. (View Most Recent)

A mixed type of experience.

Former Employee - "Systems Administrator"  in  Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - "Systems Administrator" in Lansing, MI

I worked at Liquid Web Inc.

Pros

-Good starter for those with limited education and/or experience.
    -Seems to be in a decent financial position compared with other industries
    -Provided some benefits that other hourly employers in the same pay range would not

Cons

-I'm not really impressed with fringe benefits--save money on that and provide higher pay or a training program
    -Pay "bumps" not really that great
    -Lack of training; management seems to have the Wal-Mart approach of being OK with turnover
    -Advancement was non-existent
    -Lower management had some "bad apples" (very few) that were a little bit of a turn-off and...not helpful
    -Upper management ranged from elusive to immature
    -Metrics of job performance were not always accurate
    -This was a typical nanny-management job, so expect to have some of that (sort of goes with the territory).

Offer real education opportunities and regular training for everybody. As another person said, don't act as if your employment needs aren't mutual with the employee. Although I am very grateful for my time at LiquidWeb, a job is not a gift: employees fulfill a need of the employer. Mutual respect and appreciation is important, especially with this type of work.

Greatish Place to work

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Liquid Web Inc.

Pros

The people who work there are great. The laid back atmosphere is also nice. It is possible to get a feeling for a large amount of technology while employed here. Great Fringe Benefits.

Cons

There is a lack of advancement opportunities except through attrition. It is also difficult to make sure of being in compliance with various policies because of a lack of knowing what is expected. Poor compensation plan.

Invest in regular training sessions for employees to better perform their jobs. Regular meetings or emails in regards to what is going on/trying to accomplish would help build a better cohesive environment as well.

There are newer employer reviews for Liquid Web Inc.

Worked for Liquid Web Inc.? Contribute to the Community!