Liquidity Services

www.liquidityservices.com
There are newer employer reviews for Liquidity Services

The Blind leading the banded together but Abused.

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive
Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive

I have been working at Liquidity Services

Pros

Base Salary w/ Full benefits + Commission
Networking with Clients
Behind the scenes view of the manufacturing and retail business
Downtown DC is a nice place to work
Fellow underlings are down to earth.

Cons

Senior Management scrambles and leaves employees to pick up the slack.
Our Sales team revenue tanked 50% in 9 months and they left it to the employees to make the same goals in light of the reduced sales. Due to this many employees where let go to cut costs but they blamed the employees for not working hard enough. Priceless! Corporate Hy-jinx at their best.

Listen to the advice of your clients who have been with you since the beginning. When all your supports are discouraging your choices take time to reflect on why that may be. Its ok to not have all the answers. Its not ok to keep making a bad situation worse.

61 Other Employee Reviews for Liquidity Services (View Most Recent)

Similar to working at many small and growing company, a lot to do and very little cohesiveness.

I have been working at Liquidity Services

Pros

There are some very intelligent and experienced managers and employees. The industry is growing and LSI is well positioned in it.

Cons

Internal communication needs to be clearer and less harsh. There is low moral and turnover is a regular occurrence for many of the teams.

Management needs to invest more in staff development and technology. LSI could also improve communication and synergies for internal business teams

Liquidity Services is on the right track

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Liquidity Services

Pros

The culture of the Houston office is fantastic and always fun. It feels more like we are still our own small company but we still get the benefits of being affiliated with the industry leader in our field. There has been a lot of new blood entering the company the past few years which is very refreshing. There are some very accomplished individuals that I consider myself lucky to learn new things from.

Cons

There seems to be a lack of direction on where we go from here. Our division seems content with farming the existing client base rather than seeking out new opportunities to hunt. I am not 100% confident that the right people are in place to grow our existing client base well beyond what it currently is. There is talent in other areas not being fully utilized especially when it comes to sales experience and drive.

There are individuals who may not have the seniority of some in management but they came to this company bringing a wealth of experience that needs to be at the forefront leading and making better decisions than have been made over the past few years. Reign in outside sales and focus the department on expanding our client base. There are opportunities out there to be had if the right leaders can be put into place. Luckily, I feel like we have these people on our team ready to be utilized.

There are newer employer reviews for Liquidity Services