Lithium Technologies

www.lithium.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lithium Technologies

Working hard to take it to the next level

Current Employee - Director in Emeryville, CA
Current Employee - Director in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies

Pros

Lithium has been in business for over 10 years. That means they are doing something right. You can't last through the recession if you're not delivering value to companies. That said when you're transitioning as an organization, it's never a smooth path. As far as I can tell, they are making the right and necessary steps to do this. Of course a lot of people will 'armchair quarterback' their advice for the management team, but honestly, Rob is doing a great job. This is a fun place to work, it is growing, it is successful, it can raise a lot of capital, and it has great people. It is also at the front of an industry. Most companies do not have that set of attributes.

Cons

Like all growing companies, Lithium is learning how to become bigger in a way that lets them retain some of the personality that has made them a great place to work. We are space constrained, but that is changing this year. We do need to work on how people are developed, that is tricky at small companies but they are making steps in that direction.

139 Other Employee Reviews for Lithium Technologies (View Most Recent)

Great potential and awesome new CEO. Much potential.

I have been working at Lithium Technologies

Pros

1. On path to be GREAT now that Rob Tarkoff came from Adobe as CEO
    2. Very hot market and Lithium has much potential to own market
    3. Rob Tarkoff bringing 1st class top professionals to the company
    3. Customers are the best and biggest companies
    4. Cool product
    5. No dress code

Cons

1. Some old management not up to standard
    2. Second rate marketing does not help us sell
    3. Most VP managers are mediocre. Open secret but no one fixes it.
    3. Some departments very political but many are not
    4. Terrible office space. Bad commute and neighborhood
    5. Managers that have been there longer are small company type but think they are the best.
    6. Benefits only average.

Keep hiring the best. Help the mediocre management that has been there too long to leave. Don't be afraid to ignore politics and clean house. If you ignore smoke screens that some top management uses to protect their reports it is easy to identify people who should not be managers.

Smart, fun, passionate people. Easy to get work done.

I have been working at Lithium Technologies

Pros

Great work environment---highly collaborative, very relaxed, but with an intense focus on customers and delivering quality software. Great energy around what we're doing for our customers.

Cons

We're running out of office space. We are planning a move in the next six months. I am looking forward to our office move, which may be in San Francisco or Oakland. I live in San Francisco and could shorten my commute a bit if we moved there.

We have a new CEO, Rob Tarkfoff, who is doing a great job (employees really like his style, energy, focus). My advice would be to keep up all of the communication programs (monthly and quarterly meetings, emails, etc.) to keep employees informed.

There are newer employer reviews for Lithium Technologies