Smart People Who Work Hard

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time

Pros

The experience of working for this company has changed for the better in the past couple of years.
People used to complain about low pay, but that doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. We have a real HR dept and every employee is on a bonus plan.
The people here are great and very few people leave because they aren't happy.
The company is growing and there are going to be lots of opportunities for career growth.

Cons

There are probably some cons to working here in other departments that I don't know about, but I can't think of anything I would change in my department.

reviews filtered by

Cool office space, but confused direction and not good advancement opportunities

Former Employee - Sales Development
    Former Employee - Sales Development

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SF Office space is cool and very modern & some great names on their client list. Product gains attention from leading industry analyst, allowing them to have decent media coverage.

Cons

Sales team has a high turnover due to lack of direction from sales management and reality of making compensation numbers. Leadership in sales is very threatening rather than inspiring & issues with correct compensation getting paid occur very frequently. No job security for anyone in sales.

Incredibly poor internal communication, partly due to lack of using an internal collaboration tool beyond email and also because politics within management create employees to feel intimidated to speak up.

No advancement plans or job reviews take place. This creates a lot of employees to just coast here while they are looking for other jobs since their is no clear career path within the company and new employees are not asked to set goals within their position.

No 401 K match

Been "Pre-IPO" for years-- plans for IPO are always "1-2 years out"

Lack of energy and enthusiasm in the work environment despite a unique office space

Advice to Management

Corporate Strategy is changing too frequently and does not show strength in company direction.

2. A smart career move

Current Employee - Digital Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Things that spring to mind: Fast paced, smart people, innovative culture, strong leaders, healthy work life balance, free food, office location and design! All good.

Cons

Not many, but being in the city I spend more on communting in, and the Bart strikes (or threat of) are a pain!

Advice to Management

Keep striving to improve products and features. Continue to be disruptive.