Lithium Technologies

There are newer employer reviews for Lithium Technologies

Great People and Challenging Projects

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lithium has a solid engineering culture with wide participation in internal blogs, lunch and learns, and inter-team projects. This type of culture is key within a software company as it facilitates knowledge sharing, which is sometimes challenging in a growing organization (and Lithium is definitely growing). Another thing I've enjoyed while at Lithium is that most engineers are very humble and there is very little ego to deal with.

There are a lot of different projects going on at Lithium and they are dealing with lots of different technologies (e.g., nodejs, cassandra, redis, angularjs, java) so there is always something interesting to do/learn.

Cons

This is not really a con, but more of a key to success at Lithium. Lithium has been growing a lot in the past two years and with that growth has come change in both the technical and the cultural sense. As I mentioned in the pros section there is a solid engineering culture, but you need to be proactive and engage in this culture to benefit. Success at Lithium is largely dependent on your ability to engage across teams to gain the knowledge you need to do your job as management will not do this for you (i.e., not a lot of hand holding).

As the company is over ten years old there is some work in older code bases and challenging projects relating to integrating older code bases with newer ones (mostly in a service oriented fashion); however this is true at most successful tech companies and I think working with older code provides insight into the evolution of our industry.

There are a lot of moving parts within engineering from both engineering-driven refactoring projects to new product direction and it is sometimes easy for engineers to lose site of the wider context in which they work. Continuing to expand the communication channels with monthly meetings and possibly even implementing some type of cross-team work-rotation program will help to break down some of these boundaries.

Lithium Technologies Response

Apr 28, 2014Community Team

These are some great comments - thanks for sharing with us! We think you're spot on about the engineering culture at Lithium. As we continue to grow, it's important for us to understand how our ... More

126 Other Employee Reviews for Lithium Technologies (View Most Recent)

Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best part of the company is the people. I felt the employees truly believe in no BS and no EGO thing and follow it to the best. Its rare now a days to find companies with really open and defined vision. During my interview process, I was drawn towards the good people whom I spoke to and made my decision to join Lithium compared to others that I had offers.

Cons

Someone suggest a new name please :)
    Or sell the name rights and domain at a premium to Tesla or Panasonic and let them really use the name for their batteries. This company has nothing to do with batteries.

Please stick to keeping open culture and open minds towards engineers.

Lithium Technologies Response

Apr 1, 2014Community Team

We are happy to hear you had a great interview experience and are enjoying the Lithium vision and culture. We are also pumped about your feedback on one of our core values here at Lithium: “be ... More

A solid two full years and counting!

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sharp business leaders, awesome location, great people, and good benefits, fulfilling recognition and career growth potential. It feels good to be a part of a winning organization that embraces creativity. My opinion about Lithium has not always been this glowing, but I feel that I have experienced and seen a lot positive change in my management, peers, and human resources. It excites me to write this review finally!

Cons

I feel that training can be improved and offered more often. The culture seems to be disconnected between departments.

Donation matching would be a great benefit/perk for our local community foundations. Management should always deliver on proposed incentives or don't mention it. There should be more activities offered outside of work to build stronger relationships with teammates.

There are newer employer reviews for Lithium Technologies

Worked for Lithium Technologies? Contribute to the Community!