Great People and Challenging Projects

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lithium has a solid engineering culture with wide participation in internal blogs, lunch and learns, and inter-team projects. This type of culture is key within a software company as it facilitates knowledge sharing, which is sometimes challenging in a growing organization (and Lithium is definitely growing). Another thing I've enjoyed while at Lithium is that most engineers are very humble and there is very little ego to deal with. There are a lot of different projects going on at Lithium and they are dealing with lots of different technologies (e.g., nodejs, cassandra, redis, angularjs, java) so there is always something interesting to do/learn.

Cons

This is not really a con, but more of a key to success at Lithium. Lithium has been growing a lot in the past two years and with that growth has come change in both the technical and the cultural sense. As I mentioned in the pros section there is a solid engineering culture, but you need to be proactive and engage in this culture to benefit. Success at Lithium is largely dependent on your ability to engage across teams to gain the knowledge you need to do your job as management will not do this for you (i.e., not a lot of hand holding). As the company is over ten years old there is some work in older code bases and challenging projects relating to integrating older code bases with newer ones (mostly in a service oriented fashion); however this is true at most successful tech companies and I think working with older code provides insight into the evolution of our industry.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of moving parts within engineering from both engineering-driven refactoring projects to new product direction and it is sometimes easy for engineers to lose site of the wider context in which they work. Continuing to expand the communication channels with monthly meetings and possibly even implementing some type of cross-team work-rotation program will help to break down some of these boundaries.

Lithium Technologies Response

Apr 28, 2014 – Community Team

These are some great comments - thanks for sharing with us! We think you're spot on about the engineering culture at Lithium. As we continue to grow, it's important for us to understand how our ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A solid two full years and counting!

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sharp business leaders, awesome location, great people, and good benefits, fulfilling recognition and career growth potential. It feels good to be a part of a winning organization that embraces creativity. My opinion about Lithium has not always been this glowing, but I feel that I have experienced and seen a lot positive change in my management, peers, and human resources. It excites me to write this review finally!

Cons

I feel that training can be improved and offered more often. The culture seems to be disconnected between departments.

Advice to Management

Donation matching would be a great benefit/perk for our local community foundations. Management should always deliver on proposed incentives or don't mention it. There should be more activities offered outside of work to build stronger relationships with teammates.

2. Business Value Consultant

Current Employee - Business Value Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Business Value Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Lithium Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lithium is one of the most dynamic companies. 100% focus on Customer, agile in approach, and always challenging innovation.

Cons

There are really no negatives at Lithium. As a startup, growing is always a good challenge. Lithium is able to keep up with demand and at the same time manages to keep pace with new & existing customer needs.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what your doing!