Lithium Technologies

There are newer employer reviews for Lithium Technologies

Great People and Challenging Projects

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lithium has a solid engineering culture with wide participation in internal blogs, lunch and learns, and inter-team projects. This type of culture is key within a software company as it facilitates knowledge sharing, which is sometimes challenging in a growing organization (and Lithium is definitely growing). Another thing I've enjoyed while at Lithium is that most engineers are very humble and there is very little ego to deal with.

There are a lot of different projects going on at Lithium and they are dealing with lots of different technologies (e.g., nodejs, cassandra, redis, angularjs, java) so there is always something interesting to do/learn.

Cons

This is not really a con, but more of a key to success at Lithium. Lithium has been growing a lot in the past two years and with that growth has come change in both the technical and the cultural sense. As I mentioned in the pros section there is a solid engineering culture, but you need to be proactive and engage in this culture to benefit. Success at Lithium is largely dependent on your ability to engage across teams to gain the knowledge you need to do your job as management will not do this for you (i.e., not a lot of hand holding).

As the company is over ten years old there is some work in older code bases and challenging projects relating to integrating older code bases with newer ones (mostly in a service oriented fashion); however this is true at most successful tech companies and I think working with older code provides insight into the evolution of our industry.

There are a lot of moving parts within engineering from both engineering-driven refactoring projects to new product direction and it is sometimes easy for engineers to lose site of the wider context in which they work. Continuing to expand the communication channels with monthly meetings and possibly even implementing some type of cross-team work-rotation program will help to break down some of these boundaries.

Lithium Technologies Response

Apr 28, 2014Community Team

These are some great comments - thanks for sharing with us! We think you're spot on about the engineering culture at Lithium. As we continue to grow, it's important for us to understand how our ... More

135 Other Employee Reviews for Lithium Technologies (View Most Recent)

This place is lunacy at it finest!

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great events i.e. Linc
    Corp office are in a great location and pretty cool!
    Free lunches ... but I'm remote so none for me!

Cons

No pay increases.... ever!
    Unmatched 401 K contributions.
    Too many managers and executives for such a small company.
    Executive Staff can't seem to get it together!
    Sales is a revolving door!
    SE's are held accountable by sales and management (don't expect an SE manager to have your back)
    Product is a niche product so it's really hard to sell.
    Marketing message is bland, website doesn't really say what we do.
    Development offices split between two locations which makes for no synergy.
    No vision in terms of where to take the product.
    IPO is constantly talked about but never seems to happen.

None

Early market for Social Platform

Former Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY

I worked at Lithium Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Exciting time and energy around Social

Cons

East Coast based sales person on a West Coast based organization. Hard to get support from HQ

As you grow geographically you'll need to find a way to expand company culture outside of the Bay area.

There are newer employer reviews for Lithium Technologies