Litle & Co.

www.litle.com
  www.litle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Litle & Co.

Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer
Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Litle & Co.

Pros

Pair programming could be good when you have a good peer. Work-life balance is good with reasonable hours.

Cons

Not enough recognition. Lack of ownership of project you work on.

Provide more competitive compensation package.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Litle & Co. (View Most Recent)

Still a great place for engineers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

I have been working at Litle & Co. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Engineering team at Litle (now Vantiv eCommerce) is still a great place to work as a software or QA engineer. Each individual has a lot of say in how they implement features, and every feature goes to production and makes a significant impact on top line revenue. Despite the fact that this group is now part of a larger, public organization in Vantiv, the people and processes which govern how we do things on a day to day basis are the same. The company still conducts monthly iteration kickoffs, has bagel days on Thursdays, holds regular socials with the whole company, and has opportunity for tons of extracurricular activities (golf league, ping pong, exercise classes, Habitat for Humanity, tennis, basketball, ultimate frisbee to name a few). It's truly a meritocracy and those that add the most value continue to have opportunities for growth both in terms of responsibility and compensation.

Cons

This is by far the best place I have worked in my career. I don't see many cons aside from the looming possibility of being truly folded into the corporate Vantiv organization. That being said, so far upper management seems to "get it" in that they shouldn't interfere with a machine that's running extraordinarily well.

Please keep the Vantiv eCommerce group separated from the corporate whole as much as possible. We have a different customer base in eCommerce from the core, and therefore we need to fundamentally treat our customers differently. A one-size-fits-all approach will not be effective.

Used to be a great place, on the way down now

I worked at Litle & Co. full-time

Pros

The people there are truly the best asset of the company. Even after being purchased, agile teams continued to pump out monthly releases, and customer facing teams continued to drive business. However, the Vantiv red tape and changes mucked up the entire organization.

Cons

Vantiv purchase was the worst thing for this organization. It gave them cash flow to push forward on innovation, at the expense of treating people like numbers and not the people the Litle Family saw them as. Health insurance was terrible, raises were a complete joke. Contract changes took forever to get pushed through at Vantiv when prior to purchase, things were turned around quickly.

Actually live up to that culture hat existed pre-purchase that you claim you wanted to continue.

There are newer employer reviews for Litle & Co.