Little Caesar's

www.littlecaesars.com
  www.littlecaesars.com
There are newer employer reviews for Little Caesar's

Fast paced, fun environment with young hard working staff

Former Employee - Store Manager in Lake Zurich, IL
Former Employee - Store Manager in Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at Little Caesar's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As the manager of a Little Caesars that was just opening, it was a lot of fun to take part in the hiring of the staff. In addition to that, working with the staff was an enjoyable endeavor on a day-to-day basis. Everyone got along well and we even often spent time together outside of work. The pay wasn't overly exciting, but it was decent given the position and its responsibilities.

Cons

The hours were long and I know many of the staff employees complained about their hourly rate, which was typically minimum wage. The particular store I managed was one of several stores all owned by a franchise owner. My caution is to just be mindful of the franchise owned stores as the owner can play a huge factor in how enjoyable the experience can be. This particular owner lacked sensible people skills and micro managed most facets of his business, ultimately making the life of his store managers quite unpleasant and thus leading to high turnover in this position.

Invest in your management personnel. Be willing to pay a little more salary to your store manager if you feel that would be the best long term decision for your business because high turnover will end up costing more in employee development. Do not micro manage every facet of your business, trust the training you instill in your managers and allow them to make decisions as well so they can feel a sense of ownership in their tasks.

254 Other Employee Reviews for Little Caesar's (View Most Recent)

Good for experience, that's about it.

Current Employee - Cashier in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Little Caesar's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was my first real job so I was able to get experience.

Cons

Horrible pay, most employees are stuck with minimum wage and the student managers only get $0.75 more.
    Inflexible hours, management refused to work with my life/school schedule. I was given a schedule based on when management wanted me to work even if I was unable to make those days. You are not able to call in, the only way is if you get someone to cover your shift, but only with manager approval.
    Very little chance of moving up, I was head cashier and was told I would be training as a student manager, but due to the lack of cashiers I was never able to receive training and move up.
    There are no scheduled breaks, you are expected to work your shift in its entirety without a break. You can ask the managers if you are able to take a 30 minute unpaid break, but that is only if they let you.
    Schedule issues. You are expected to be at work exactly on time for your schedule(which is 100% reasonable) but you can be written up even if you are so much as a minute late. However you will never leave exactly on time. The next manager will keep you over your scheduled time until they feel it is necessary for you to leave. I usually didn't get out until 45 minutes-1 hour of my scheduled end time.
    Cashiers operate on quotas of selling Crazy Bread and Deep Deep Dish Pizza and if they do not reach their marks, they have their hours cut/will be fired. It is hard to sell other products when people think that Little Caesars only sells $5 Large Pepperoni Pizzas.

Good management

Former Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX

I worked at Little Caesar's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, nice people. Clean place.

Cons

Boring work, not really any fun at all.

Make the Work more interesting.

There are newer employer reviews for Little Caesar's