There are newer employer reviews for Little Caesar's

A good opportunity for youngsters to build a career

Former Employee - General Manager in Placentia, CA
Former Employee - General Manager in Placentia, CA

I worked at Little Caesar's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a fair amount of upward mobility opportunity within this organization and it is a great place to begin a career in management, however, if idle in a single position for too long, it is possible to get stuck at the company without advancing your career. If you end up finding yourself stagnant for too long, it is a wise decision to take what you have learned and apply it to future endeavors. In order to grow your career at this company you must possess a high level of determination to the daily operations, and be willing to get the job done at nearly any cost. Overall, it is a good place to begin your career in management or to be an external hire into upper management once you have garnered some outside experience, but I would advise against managing a store for many, many years before waiting for a promotion.

Cons

Long work hours, which is acceptable, however they are trying because of the mid-day hours involved, 10-830pm. Those specific hours make it difficult to have any personal life outside of your store location. Work is quite redundant but you can sculpt approaches to make it interesting, overall, the work environment is fun.

Allow more flexibility to the store manager's schedule, that was the main issue with my time at Little Caesars, I was the store manager but still had a required schedule and if I wanted to alter it in any way, it needed the stamp of approval from the Area Supervisor.

243 Other Employee Reviews for Little Caesar's (View Most Recent)

Lots of wasted potential

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Little Caesar's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Pay isn't bad if you're working the salaried 50 hours max. Usually it ends up being much more than that.
    -Company does give a lot to charity, and the Love Kitchen is a great thing.
    -Lots of opportunities for promotion.

Cons

-Extremely tight labor charts, especially at lower volume stores. Difficult to run the numbers they want.
    -Turnover is high. Employees beg for hours but I can't afford to have them in the store.
    -Quality is expected across the board, yet lots of stores have different equipment (Some worse off than others).
    -Classes take place downtown, which can be difficult for some people to make.

If you want to bring people in AND keep them, you have the make the job appealing. The pay for crew and assistants is low for the job they are doing, and I can't schedule them over 30 hours. So what incentive do they have to want to stay? I try to keep the environment very light so they won't want to quit, but then I look incompetent to my supervisor and corporate. It's a lose-lose situation.
    In regards to the classes comment above, why not have area specific classes? It's a lot more appealing for a future assistant/co-manager to travel to a store close to them than to go way out of their way.

Little Caesars

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Little Caesar's part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Perfect for entry-level work and those new to the workforce. The environment is easy-going.

Cons

Incompetent management, favoritism among staff is very prevalent.

There are newer employer reviews for Little Caesar's