Live Nation Entertainment
www.livenationentertainment.com Hollywood, CA 5000+ Employees

Awesome place to intern, but don't expect to get a job there afterwords.

Intern (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsI was hired as an intern for the marketing and talent department. I thought I would be doing the typical intern jobs like getting the managers coffee and lifting heavy file boxes. While I did have to do a little lifting, I never once was ordered to get coffee. In fact, I was given quite a bit of responsibility. I did everything from filing artist contracts, to assisting in the development of marketing plans, to research, to street team work. The environment is laid back and pretty informal.

While there was a lot of work to be done, it was overall very easy and fun to do. As an intern, you make daily trips to House of Blues to change out show posters and deliver packages. You are also responsible for going on "hotel runs". This entails delivering tickets to concierges at area hotels. It is nice to get out of the office and explore the city, but it is not so fun in the middle of December. And this is just the tip of the iceberg, there is lots to do and very rarely are you sitting at your desk twiddling your thumbs.

I had a great management team as well. They were all very friendly and treated me with the utmost respect. Overall, everyone in the office was very welcoming and fun to talk to.

This internship also looks great on a resume. In all of my interviews since I left Live Nation, the recruiters have all been very impressed with the fact I worked there.

The best part about interning at Live Nation is, FREE CONCERTS! All you have to do is request tickets and, if the show isn't sold out, you and your friends score a free show.

ConsThe only real downside to interning at Live Nation is the opportunity for job placement once the internship ends. It is a pretty small office and positions rarely open up. In fact, they make you sign a contract that says they can't guarantee a job.

However, I still keep in touch with my managers and they have repeatedly expressed their willingness to help me find work either at their office or at any company in Live Nation's network (Ticketmaster, House of Blues, etc.)

Disorganize middle to senior level management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment

Pros: Casual dress code, entertainment, some good bands or shows, good… Cons: Micro-managing. There are managers, directors and VPs who know nothing or less… Advice to Senior Management: Follow the examples of a few good companies and hire highly effective workers ESP mid to high level… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Livenation/Ticketmaster is diverse

Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment

Pros: Dynamic and fast pace environment, great people, talented and diverse… Cons: Technology is lacking in terms of the tools provided and IT equipment for daily job… Advice to Senior Management: Improve communication and foster career growth and promotions. Implement improved processes for change management… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Live Nation Entertainment.

Worked for Live Nation Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Live Nation Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Live Nation Entertainment CEO Mike Rapino. All reviews posted anonymously by Live Nation Entertainment employees.