Live Nation Entertainment

www.livenationentertainment.com
  www.livenationentertainment.com
There are newer employer reviews for Live Nation Entertainment

Lot of work, but great place to quickly learn a lot in the beginning of your career

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Get to meet a lot of great people

Cons

On the touring side, depending on which promoter you work under, your experience can vary greatly.

147 Other Employee Reviews for Live Nation Entertainment (View Most Recent)

Awesome place to intern, but don't expect to get a job there afterwords.

Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Live Nation Entertainment

Pros

I was hired as an intern for the marketing and talent department. I thought I would be doing the typical intern jobs like getting the managers coffee and lifting heavy file boxes. While I did have to do a little lifting, I never once was ordered to get coffee. In fact, I was given quite a bit of responsibility. I did everything from filing artist contracts, to assisting in the development of marketing plans, to research, to street team work. The environment is laid back and pretty informal.

While there was a lot of work to be done, it was overall very easy and fun to do. As an intern, you make daily trips to House of Blues to change out show posters and deliver packages. You are also responsible for going on "hotel runs". This entails delivering tickets to concierges at area hotels. It is nice to get out of the office and explore the city, but it is not so fun in the middle of December. And this is just the tip of the iceberg, there is lots to do and very rarely are you sitting at your desk twiddling your thumbs.

I had a great management team as well. They were all very friendly and treated me with the utmost respect. Overall, everyone in the office was very welcoming and fun to talk to.

This internship also looks great on a resume. In all of my interviews since I left Live Nation, the recruiters have all been very impressed with the fact I worked there.

The best part about interning at Live Nation is, FREE CONCERTS! All you have to do is request tickets and, if the show isn't sold out, you and your friends score a free show.

Cons

The only real downside to interning at Live Nation is the opportunity for job placement once the internship ends. It is a pretty small office and positions rarely open up. In fact, they make you sign a contract that says they can't guarantee a job.

However, I still keep in touch with my managers and they have repeatedly expressed their willingness to help me find work either at their office or at any company in Live Nation's network (Ticketmaster, House of Blues, etc.)

Livenation/Ticketmaster is diverse

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment

Pros

Dynamic and fast pace environment, great people, talented and diverse teams and flexibility. Good company culture.

Cons

Technology is lacking in terms of the tools provided and IT equipment for daily job functions. Professional growth and promotions take very long to get in tech side of the company.

Improve communication and foster career growth and promotions. Implement improved processes for change management and organizatoinal changes at a competitive edge. Provide better trainning for employees in their jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for Live Nation Entertainment