There are newer employer reviews for LiveOps

Engineering department is hazardous; many key people leaving the company

Former Employee - New Chief Executive Officer and Executive Staff Bring Many New Problems in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at LiveOps

Pros

- good work-from-home policy
- salaries are becoming competitive (but aren't quite there yet)
- decent matching 401(k) plan
- excellent health care package (assuming you pony up a bit extra for the PPO plan)

Cons

- work/life balance is very difficult to maintain
- 50-60+ hour work weeks are fairly common; some all-nighters are expected
- 2011 budget cuts have caused management to stop approving conference travel
- no clear company direction from upper management since new CEO hired in mid-2011
- annual forced vacation (or unpaid leave)
- most employee attrition/turn-over I've ever seen, anywhere

Be clear and concise about your goals for the company and make them known to your employees. Stop committing new products and new features to customers when engineering doesn't have the time, people, or energy to build them. Invest in your engineering department - don't just be reactive to customers' immediate desires.

reviews filtered by

unfair compliance events

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Allentown, PA

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

you make your own schedule

Cons

1.CALL VOLUME (if they chose to route calls to you ) is UNPREDICTABLE and if you "commit" you self to a schedule you have to sit there for however long you "thought" you were going to be getting calls. Once I sat for 5 hours received 3 calls at 7-10minutes each (because they write you up/flag your calls give you compliance events for long call handling time) mind you you get paid based on talk time 0.25 per minute. you can imagine my disappointment, but some days I can work the same amount of time and make $40-$50.
    2. UNFAIR COMPLIANCE EVENTS for call handling time even if you make the sale
    3.NO SUPPORT noone knows anything and they swear up and down that their system is flawless even if the call routes you a call with an agent already on the line. you can get a compliance event for that!

provide support and incentives for your workers because they make you a lot of money and they are the ones on the front lines keeping the customer and the clients happy. I think the reason why you set up the company as "independent contractors is because you treat your workers like crap and you have high turn over and your dodging unemployment insurance.

Could be great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at LiveOps

Pros

Work from home
    Flexible schedule

Decent coworkers

Cons

Pay average to market
    Executive management poor