FLEXIBLE EXTRA INCOME

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

I like the fact that I can jump on the phone and make a few extra dollars.
This is Independent contract work people need to know this is their own business... you need to make it work for you.
Your are not going to get raises or promotions you are your boss.
Follow the scripts and you will succeed.
Live ops needs to monitor they are the top you need to perform to customer standards that is anywhere.
Make sure you know what you are doing before you take calls.
I had heart surgery and had to take off more than 45 days and was able to come back. Just communicate to them VERY HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!!!

Cons

Not much wiggle room for being new. You need to be familiar before you start if you do not do well you will be pulled out of a program.
Better model for training listening to calls from top agents. Or calls generated by Management.
More positive feedback not just negative.
No news is good news... DOES NOT WORK....

Advice to Management

Add quality training calls to Podcasts... so we can listen to up sells and special offers.
Allow some information sharing.

reviews filtered by

Engineering department is hazardous; many key people leaving the company

Former Employee - New Chief Executive Officer and Executive Staff Bring Many New Problems in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at LiveOps

Pros

- good work-from-home policy
    - salaries are becoming competitive (but aren't quite there yet)
    - decent matching 401(k) plan
    - excellent health care package (assuming you pony up a bit extra for the PPO plan)

Cons

- work/life balance is very difficult to maintain
    - 50-60+ hour work weeks are fairly common; some all-nighters are expected
    - 2011 budget cuts have caused management to stop approving conference travel
    - no clear company direction from upper management since new CEO hired in mid-2011
    - annual forced vacation (or unpaid leave)
    - most employee attrition/turn-over I've ever seen, anywhere

Advice to Management

Be clear and concise about your goals for the company and make them known to your employees. Stop committing new products and new features to customers when engineering doesn't have the time, people, or energy to build them. Invest in your engineering department - don't just be reactive to customers' immediate desires.

unfair compliance events

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Allentown, PA

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

you make your own schedule

Cons

1.CALL VOLUME (if they chose to route calls to you ) is UNPREDICTABLE and if you "commit" you self to a schedule you have to sit there for however long you "thought" you were going to be getting calls. Once I sat for 5 hours received 3 calls at 7-10minutes each (because they write you up/flag your calls give you compliance events for long call handling time) mind you you get paid based on talk time 0.25 per minute. you can imagine my disappointment, but some days I can work the same amount of time and make $40-$50.
    2. UNFAIR COMPLIANCE EVENTS for call handling time even if you make the sale
    3.NO SUPPORT noone knows anything and they swear up and down that their system is flawless even if the call routes you a call with an agent already on the line. you can get a compliance event for that!

Advice to Management

provide support and incentives for your workers because they make you a lot of money and they are the ones on the front lines keeping the customer and the clients happy. I think the reason why you set up the company as "independent contractors is because you treat your workers like crap and you have high turn over and your dodging unemployment insurance.