There are newer employer reviews for LiveOps

Great way to earn extra money while working from home

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

(1) Flexible work hours (basd on the opportunity you may have a minimum number of hours to work each week, but this is easy to schedule if you book your time when the schedule rolls out)
(2) Bi-weekly paychecks
(3) Working from home
(4) Lots of training available for insurance agents
(5) The forums give contractors a way to meet new people, gain advice & tips and learn about other work at home opportunities available with other companies
(6) Agents have the ability to work on more than one opportunity within the company; and you can also work for other companies at the same time

When looking at this company for a work-at-home job, you have to go in with understanding that the pay is variable. If you can, work other jobs at the same time so that you do not become disappointed during times of low call volume or low sales numbers. If you find that you are struggling talk to other agents, (there are many that have been working with the company for years) for advice and support.

Cons

(1) Work is seasonal and paychecks vary every pay period
(2) Agents do not receive accurate information on how perfomance statistics are calculated

(1) Provide the agents with accurate performance information, the current system can be very confusing

reviews filtered by
  1. LiveOps provides good training is very supportive.

Former Employee - Call Center Agent
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent

I worked at LiveOps

Pros

Very flexible schedule
    Can log in and work uncommitted.
    Can choose to work 30 min. blocks
    No minimum set hours required.
    No more QC's

Cons

Automatically terminated if you go pass 45 days of not working.
    Too many product upsells on most products.
    Pay is 25 cents per minute but can be more with upsells.

Management is pretty good with addressing concerns. Overall, I'm satisfied.

It was a very rewarding experience

Former Employee - Sales Pro
    Former Employee - Sales Pro

I worked at LiveOps

Pros

Flexibility of schedule; truly performance based. The more you sell the more opportunity you receive. There is adequate opportunity to train for more skills and advancement. You work independently, which I loved. But there is support readily available if you need it.

Cons

It's a slow start if you're new because the better you know the system the better you perform and right off the bat you're competing with more experienced agents. Also, you're an "independent contractor" so there are no employee benefits. The worse is that even if you make innocent mistakes and they are detected, they can accumulate as 'compliance events'. And there is not adequate warning as to how these events can add up and lead to your termination, which happened to me.

My experience with LiveOps was overall very positive. Though I had not been in sales since college, some 25 years, I found I was a natural and did very well, constantly being offered new opportunities and promotions, which translated to an increase in pay. What was never made clear is how innocent mistakes, like technology issues beyond your control, could translate into compliance events and how serious an accumulation of these events could lead to immediate termination. Inadequate warnings accompany the CE's when you are notified about them. So you assume they are meant to help you improve, when really they are strikes against you.. And then no matter how good you perform, termination is brutal with absolutely no followup. I know it's a "seller's market" so to speak, but no worker should be judged by mistakes alone, especially new employees.

There are newer employer reviews for LiveOps