Great Work at Home Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Specialist  in  Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

I've been working for live ops for almost 2 years now and I love the flexibility, support, and pay structure.

Cons

The program I work sometimes has many repeat callers which makes it difficult to improve on sales and meet metrics.

Read forums and listen to agents concerns. It's important to understand what the struggles are and find ways to improve.

Other Reviews for LiveOps

FLEXIBLE EXTRA INCOME

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

I like the fact that I can jump on the phone and make a few extra dollars.
    This is Independent contract work people need to know this is their own business... you need to make it work for you.
    Your are not going to get raises or promotions you are your boss.
    Follow the scripts and you will succeed.
    Live ops needs to monitor they are the top you need to perform to customer standards that is anywhere.
    Make sure you know what you are doing before you take calls.
    I had heart surgery and had to take off more than 45 days and was able to come back. Just communicate to them VERY HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!!!

Cons

Not much wiggle room for being new. You need to be familiar before you start if you do not do well you will be pulled out of a program.
    Better model for training listening to calls from top agents. Or calls generated by Management.
    More positive feedback not just negative.
    No news is good news... DOES NOT WORK....

Add quality training calls to Podcasts... so we can listen to up sells and special offers.
    Allow some information sharing.

Engineering department is hazardous; many key people leaving the company

Former Employee - New Chief Executive Officer and Executive Staff Bring Many New Problems  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - New Chief Executive Officer and Executive Staff Bring Many New Problems in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at LiveOps

Pros

- good work-from-home policy
    - salaries are becoming competitive (but aren't quite there yet)
    - decent matching 401(k) plan
    - excellent health care package (assuming you pony up a bit extra for the PPO plan)

Cons

- work/life balance is very difficult to maintain
    - 50-60+ hour work weeks are fairly common; some all-nighters are expected
    - 2011 budget cuts have caused management to stop approving conference travel
    - no clear company direction from upper management since new CEO hired in mid-2011
    - annual forced vacation (or unpaid leave)
    - most employee attrition/turn-over I've ever seen, anywhere

Be clear and concise about your goals for the company and make them known to your employees. Stop committing new products and new features to customers when engineering doesn't have the time, people, or energy to build them. Invest in your engineering department - don't just be reactive to customers' immediate desires.

There are newer employer reviews for LiveOps.

Worked for LiveOps? Contribute to the Community!